Custom Cabinet Business For Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Cabinet Business For Sale

I work and live in one of the most beautiful places in Canada - a thriving and growing community on the Sunshine Coast, BC.

My dad owes a high end custom cabinetry and mill work business that has been in existence for 40 years, but he wants to retire. The business has great repeat contractor and private clients. It is well equipped with CNC (computer numeric control) and traditional wood working equipment; a Turnkey operation that is profitable with a long list of booked orders.

The Sunshine Coast offers affordable real estate, beautiful views, a relaxed lifestyle and tons of outdoor recreational opportunities. Paired with an endless array of arts, music, and sports, it is the perfect place to raise a family.

Please contact me for more detailed information about this opportunity. $300,000

Click image for larger version  Name:	cabinetry business for sale.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	1203424
    Last edited by Chimera; 10-10-2018, 01:14 PM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Custom Cabinet Business For Sale

Hi All,

The publisher and I have been in contact with the person who posted this. They are trying to help their father sell the business. I just talked to her, and she said she will add a price to the post shortly.

Hopefully we can help find a buyer for this established woodworking / millwork business.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Thanks all! Sorry if this caused confusion, as this is my first forum post ever ;) I am just trying to spread the word about my father's business as we would love to see him retire. He's spent his life building this shop and his talent and care for detail shows as he's built a thriving operation, and seeing it close down if we don't look for a buyer would be such a shame. Thanks for your patience and I will post a price this evening. Cheers!

Comment

Hi All! I can't seem to figure out how to edit the post to add this, so for now I will post the price here of $300,000 CDN.

Comment

Does that include the equipment. That seems to be a very fair price for if it is a thriving business. A overall picture of the shop may help with your sale. Is the building a rental property.

Brian
          If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Although this business is a few miles outside of my working area, I do have some questions that should help the OP if they haven't already done, or considered, them. I have bought a business before so I'm asking these questions purely from a potential buyer's perspective.

1) Do you have full financials available, including tax returns, for the last 3-5 years?
            2) How was the $300K value determined?
            3) How much of the asking price is attributed to equipment?
            4) Is there inventory included? If so, how much, how was its value determined, and is it included as part of the asking price or added on after?
            5) Will your dad consider financing part of the purchase price? If so, how much?
            6) Can the business remain in its current location or will a buyer have to move? If remaining, what are the lease terms and can it be transferred to a new owner?
            7) If your dad was to leave for 1-6 months for an extended holiday, would the business be able to continue operating without him?
            Andy in Niagara likes this.

Comment

The first question to ask is whether the price is for the assets or shares of the business. Huge difference to both buyer and seller from a tax and business perspective.

Comment

Frankly the only important thing now that a price has been posted is whether somebody is interested in setting up shop on the sunshine coast, where ever that is. For those of us who are not it does little good for the OP or eventual purchaser to post all kinds of speculation and opinion in this swap meet ad. It would make a fascinating new thread to discuss purchasing a business in general and a wood working business in particular. I remember enjoying a thread about a beautiful home and business video posted by a real estate agent a few years ago. Wonder if it ever sold?
                Rob
                schor likes this.

Comment

Rob.. the Sunshine Coast is where the TV show "The Beachcomers " was filmed. You might be old enough to remember. Ypu have to take a ferry from Departure Bay to get there. It includes Gibsons and Sechelt. It is a very nice area and I am sure ample opportunity for high end kitchens. Sought after area for rich folk from Vancouver for summer homes. Never been there as I don't like ferry rides.

Brian
                  If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
                    Frankly the only important thing now that a price has been posted is whether somebody is interested in setting up shop on the sunshine coast, where ever that is. For those of us who are not it does little good for the OP or eventual purchaser to post all kinds of speculation and opinion in this swap meet ad. It would make a fascinating new thread to discuss purchasing a business in general and a wood working business in particular. I remember enjoying a thread about a beautiful home and business video posted by a real estate agent a few years ago. Wonder if it ever sold?
                    Rob
                    If it was a post about an old piece of iron needing renovation there would be lots of interest about it from many members here. The rest of us would be uninterested largely. Each to his own.
                    Brian @ Muir likes this.

Comment

There are a ton of variables to consider in a real estate or business purchase of this nature and if there is interest the individuals will of course communicate. If a forum chooses to discuss it that's ok but it will be simple conjecture. The OP's objective here is to raise awareness. Others might simply tell her to hire a realtor. I'm not a big fan of realtors. Good ones are few and far between and should never be considered good based on their sales numbers alone. If a buyer is found here I'm all for it. Good Luck!

Quick Story; a friend hired a realtor to help lease a commercial space beside his business. A year later not a single showing and no bites and the listing expired. His daughter came home from University and was surprised to see the space empty. She listed it on Kijiji and leased it in one week!! The new guys have spent half a million in brand new tooling so a long term tenant seems probable.
                      Rob Brown and VincentC like this.
                      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Working...
                      X