Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw and extras for sale

For Sale $500
    1974 Craftsman 10” Table saw. 2HP open frame motor wired 220v ( can be wired 110v )
    Table is approx 60” wide and 40” from front of rail to back. Delta UniFence and legs, Sawdust box has 4” outlet for DC and also on tip jack casters.
    What’s included, starting at top left.
    Craftsman Moulding Set Craftsman Wobble Dado, Original wide slot table insert, Original wrench, Delta Box joint set, Original UniFence Fence, Pair of anti Kickback wheels Various 10” carbide blades (some sharp) Osborne Mitre Gauge.
    All in price $500
    Must go, space urgently needed.
    What’s included, starting at top left.
Craftsman Moulding Set Craftsman Wobble Dado, Original wide slot table insert, Original wrench, Delta Box joint set, Original UniFence Fence, Pair of anti Kickback wheels Various 10” carbide blades (some sharp) Osborne Mitre Gauge.
    Last edited by Roundhead; 02-05-2019, 03:58 PM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Table saw and extras for sale

Definitey not a hit apparently. This is a good all round table saw that has always produced good accurate results. The accessories are worth the price, so what's the problem?
    Some input would be appreciated.

Comment

I’m sure that it is a great saw Roundhead. In my opinion your presentation is lacking. The motor appears to be full of sawdust or dirt and the table top and front of the saw are showing spills of something that could probably been wiped up. It could have shown better with 10 or 20 minutes of cleanup. No offense meant, just an opinion.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

you're also selling on a woodworking forum... many already have what they need, toool & machine wise.
        [insert something witty here]

Comment

I think your price is high.

Also, as beakie said, know your audience...

The guy that would buy your saw, just wants an inexpensive saw for a project, or something to put up at the cottage...

​​​​​It's a 45 year old contractor saw that I guess sold new for under a hundred bucks? Someone could buy a new jobsite saw for well under $500. I would rather buy a new jobsite saw for under $500 anyway... the accessories add little value IMO...

Maybe part out some if the accessories and sell the saw for less? You urgently need the space? a cheaper saw might get it gone... try kijiji too.

Comment

I sent you a pm Roundhead.

Comment

I will honestly say your fence with the peach tree extrusion Is 75% or more of the the value of your asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by al.m.. View Post
                I will honestly say your fence with the peach tree extrusion Is 75% or more of the the value of your asking price.
                Thanks for some sanity! The saw was $595 when purchased new. The Delta Unifence and legs was another $500 approx. 9 carbide blades @$60each new, Freud Box joint set $80, wobble blade another $50, moulding head $75 Peachtree fence and Board Buddies hold downs $150. Osborne mitre fence another $176. Total comes to $2166. The saw has been sitting unused for several years and sawdust in a workshop is normal. I'm not charging anything for it or the stain that's free also.
                Last edited by Roundhead; 02-11-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I'd be looking for $350 on all that. Be ready to take $250 though. One of the problems is that those old 'portable' saws are nowhere near as portably light as newer portable jobsite saws that are sold today. It doesn't even have its OEM Crafsman base for it. No, I am truly not negotiating, I have no desire for another table saw, you simply asked for input.

You should mention whether it works or not. Stating it hasn't been used in several years lends itself to people thinking it has been sitting in a garage or some old shed and maybe no longer works. If it was you or 'dad' who bought it originally, that sometimes bodes better for a sale. As far as anyone can tell, you acquired this from who knows where and have never even used it. Do you have it's owners manual and/or parts list for repairs? That another plus to mention. One concern any buyer would naturally have would be for parts availability being a saw that old.

The wobbler and molding cutters are frankly of little to no value imo.

You may want to pull the Osborne and sell separately. You can ask at least $100 for the Osborne alone and likely still get $250-350 for the rest. The EB-3s are still sold and still sought out by some folks. I'm thinking of selling mine that's in mint condition since I got a Jessem slider accessory shortly after buying my Osborne a dozen years ago and has never been used since. Think I paid $130 for mine and recently saw them sold for $150 new, but they are getting hard to find.

Even what you call "Pair of anti Kickback wheels", which are also known as Board Buddies, could be pulled and sold for $35-50 on their own if they are in good shape. They are getting somewhat harder to find nowadays, but you can still find them on US sites for around $55 USD. Think I saw them some months ago sold here in Canada for the $75-80 range, but I can't recall where. That's another item I'm thinking of selling myself since I bought the Jessem Table Saw guides a few years ago.
                  Kevin

Comment

This is a hard location to sell , I don't sell a lot but I Find that Kijiji works for me.

Brian
                    John@Hamilton and Rusty like this.
                    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Thanks Kevin for the comments.I am the one and only owner. Purchased it my first week in Canada. Yes I do have the original manuals etc and some other stuff not mentioned. The saw is in perfect working order. Bearings are good and no other issues. This saw was used as a job site saw and run on 110v with the original 1HP Sears motor. Then I decided to get into building cabinets and furniture so upgraded the motor and switched to 2HP 220v single phase. I had thought of cutting the fence rail down and reducing the table size but as I don't use the saw anymore it seems a pity. So the target buyer in my mind was someone who was looking to have a decent stationary saw with some useful add-ons and at a reasonable price.
                      Price is negotiable but not a give away

Comment

I think what you're selling is worth your asking price for sure. I also agree with Bryan. Value to this group is hard to define. I think they see so much "stuff" sold for pennies on the dollar here that they lose sight of reality, so it's a tough sell. I bought my saw for a hundred bucks but it didn't come with additional equipment like your deal.
                        "Do it Right!"

Comment

Hi Roundhead,

I think I'd echo a number of the other posters. I opened this thread not because I'm looking to buy, but because I'm always on the look out for a good saw for a good price for my brother. I chose not to send him this link. Normally I would never comment, for fear of undermining any possible sale you might have with someone else, but in this case you asked, and while some people have, I believe, given you the straight truth, others are muddying those waters and I wouldn't want you to get misled by them into thinking your OP was a good offer. It's not. And we don't have to argue about that either; there's one really easy way that you can know for certain that your listing is bad: it hasn't sold.

As for the why, I think that's a combination of product, price and presentation.

The presentation is real bad. That saw might be a diamond in the rough, but you can't expect buyers to look through the rough to see it. You have to show it to them. When I sold my jointer, I spent a day cleaning and blowing it out. I polished the tables, and scrubbed the whole thing down with mineral spirits. When I listed it, people said it looked brand new. And it did. I had no problems selling it.

Then there's the product. I trust you when you say that saw has worked well for you, but at the end of the day it's still a 45 year old contractor saw, and that simply isn't much, regardless of the value it's given you. As noted by others, some of your add-ons are the best value there.

Finally is price. Obviously it's too high, or the saw would be sold by now. Fact is, I can get a brand new contractor saw for the same price. It will be shiney and new, won't need me to clean the stains off, it will have parts available, and probably even a warranty. When I can get all that for the same price, why would I buy your saw?

All that sounds harsh to say, but honestly I just want to help you make a good sale.

At this point, I think you either:
                          1) lower your price till it sells,
                          2) keep it - you are never gonna get what you want for it
                          3) give it away as a nice gift to someone just starting out.

Personally, if somethings not worth selling, I usually go for #3.

Good luck

Comment

Ryan as much as I appreciate the input and we can agree to disagree, I think you are ignoring the fact that the 2 fence systems are far superior to anything now available on a plastic and aluminum underpowered "job saw" Also it includes a total of 10 carbide tipped blades. Sure some need sharpening but again more value than the blade in a new "job saw".
                            Choices 2 and 3 are not an option at this point in time. If I have to I will split it up and the buyers (if any) will be paying a premium for the inconvenience. The UniFence is now out of production so good luck trying to buy one. The current price on the Osborne is $176 (Amazon.ca) Add on HST and shipping. Do the math. I'm trying to give someone a chance to buy a good user at a fair price.

Comment

I'll check back in a few weeks and see if its gone

Comment

Working...
                              X