WANTED!! UNISAW motor pulley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED!! UNISAW motor pulley

Hi I am new to this site seems like an awesome group of woodworkers, I have recently acquired an older rockwell Unisaw from guelph ontario that I am restoring. I am in search of a replacement pulley for the motor 3 groove pulley 3/4" inside bore i cant find one for a decent price anywhere. I am located in wasaga beach, also I have the original jet lock fence for sale or trade. Crossing my fingers someone has this pulley I would love to get to cutting some wood! Some photos of the start to now. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
    Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WANTED!! UNISAW motor pulley

bought one a few months ago on ebay came to 85.00cdn odd size

Comment

Yeah for me it said shipping was like 50$ and 80 for the pulley could only find the pulley on Ebay.com was hoping someone had one laying around on a shelf mabye..

Comment

did you get a pulley with the saw

Comment

Do you know what size it is?
          I get pulleys from my local bearing shop, if you can’t find a delta one call Peterborough bearing.

I have a double v belt 3” pulley with a 5/8” bore- do you have someone that can bore that out?

Nathan

Comment

unisaw is a triple belt pulley fyi
            ehender2 likes this.

Comment

AFAIK the spacing between belts is less than a standard triple sheave.

Comment

Got a pulley with the saw it was chipped and the shaft was worn out.. I called renova parts 100$ shipped 6-10 business days

Comment

I would not worry about the chips, round over the edges with a file. Do you mean the bore of the pulley is out of round? With three belts they are often run amazingly loose and still work so you could run 2 belts a bit tighter.
                  Rob

Comment

Is it the motor pulley. Link belts might help,,,, but if the shaft is screwed ???
                    "Do it Right!"

Comment

I'll have a look when I get home... not sure if I kept one or not.

as mentioned, I wouldn't be upset if only running 2 of the 3 belts.
                      [insert something witty here]

Comment

Originally posted by beakie View Post
                        I'll have a look when I get home... not sure if I kept one or not.

as mentioned, I wouldn't be upset if only running 2 of the 3 belts.
                        I’m running 2 belts on a 5hp poitras saw with no loss of power.
                        3 hp would be find with 2 belts.

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by ytsawman View Post
                          unisaw is a triple belt pulley fyi
                          You might be more satisfied if you buy enough ...link belt...for three belts rather than buying 3 belts belts manufactured in Asia. As far as length is concerned..if you have a proper motor for the Unisaw, the motor weight on the belts is the correct way. So, if I took the belts off my unisaw, the motor would swing down on it's mount.

Comment

I have one here
                            however it's 5/8" bore
                            [insert something witty here]

Comment

I can’t help you with a pulley but your restoration looks great!
                              I’m thinking on selling mine, purchased it last year from the 2nd owner, ordered a new Delta fence for it as well but have been thinking to sell and get something current but after looking at what you’ve done, I just might have to re-think that plan.
                              D

Comment

Working...
                              X