Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klein wire stripper on sale 70% off @HD

Home Depot has Klein wire stripper/cutter model
    # 11046SEN for 70% off . $7.48 , (was $24.96) .they were back ordered but are available now.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kle...ded/1000421425
    nnieman likes this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Klein wire stripper on sale 70% off @HD

But this is the model recommended.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kle...awg/1000664013

Comment

Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
      I thought to give a heads up to those who are interested in this model, it's just a great deal, the one I bought was Irwin adjustable .

Comment

Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
        But this model is Heavy Duty.
        https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kle...per/1001003220

Seriously... 19 out of 20 guys buying a wire stripper at HD are looking for a quality model 70% off for $7.48 rather than full pop at $49.97. Why the hatin'?

Comment

As one who uses wire strippers a lot, I prefer the type that Kayhan linked to, and that's a great price. But while Klein tools in general are very good, those wire strippers are not that great. Ideal & Greenlee make much better ones of that type. The Katapult type are fine for bench work, but not something that is easily carried around in a tool pouch all day long. I've not used their heavy duty strippers (that altiplano linked) but they look very good.

For serious DIY use though, those sale price strippers are more than good enough. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

I use Klein 11055 strippers as does the electrician I hire for my renovation jobs and every other electrician i know. They wouldn't be caught dead with those other big heavy awkward ones.

Search Klein 11055 and you will see they aren't much different than those Kayhan posted.
            "Do it Right!"

Comment

At eight dollars it’s a good deal.

l use a much cheaper no name type Jamtooler showed. It only sees very casual use and is not carried all day.
              Egon
              from
              The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Thanks OP for the link. For $8 I will buy a set , save looking for the others that I never seem to find.

Brian
                Wally in Calgary and nnieman like this.
                If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I had this exact one, ok for very light use only, Soon went dull. I bought a channel lock one when they come on sale at CT and worth every penny. Just my experience, it didn’t live up to the Klein name.
                  Last edited by Mark in Burlington; 07-19-2019, 09:30 AM.
                  sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark in Burlington View Post
                    I had this exact one, ok for very light use only, Soon went dull. I bought a channel lock one when they come on sale at HD and worth every penny. Just my experience, it didn’t live up to the Klein name.
                    My experience was that the main problem is that the pivot wears quickly & becomes sloppy with heavy use. They should last a DIYer for a long time though. But yes, they don't live up to the Klein name.

Comment

They are now listed at $12.48 and is an on line purchase only. I found this out when I tried to purchase at local HD. I should have paid more attention to add.lol

BRIAN
                      Kayhan likes this.
                      If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                        They are now listed at $12.48 and is an on line purchase only. I found this out when I tried to purchase at local HD. I should have paid more attention to add.lol

BRIAN
                        Yes, it is an online exclusive but some stores sell them at 50% and others at 70% off, i.e. the one in Peterborough is still 70% off, weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayhan View Post

Yes, it is an online exclusive but some stores sell them at 50% and others at 70% off, i.e. the one in Peterborough is still 70% off, weird.
                          Maybe you should take orders!

Noel
                          Kayhan likes this.
                          "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
                          'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
                          "
                          John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

I ordered one online for in store pick up. It is presently in transit.

Comment

when I tried to order for in store it said 14-16 days delivery.

Comment

Working...
                              X