WTB metal lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB metal lathe

Looking for a quality metal lathe. If anyone has one for sale please let me know
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WTB metal lathe

i would add some information, size, price range, old vs new, voltage, even some name brands you are looking for.
    WCraig likes this.
    sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

These are not my lathes, just some that are on kijiji.

Kijiji: 120 volt single phase metal lathe

Please view this ad:

120 volt single phase metal lathe,
      https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/m...nt=app_android

Price: $ 550

Kijiji: Lathe southbend, 4-1/2 ft, 3 jaw chuck, american tool post,

Please view this ad:

Lathe southbend, 4-1/2 ft, 3 jaw chuck, american tool post,,
      https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-busine...nt=app_android

Price: $ 595

Quite the distance from you but good deals. They are south bend 9 lathes. Both are model C. Supposedly one of the best small lathes (accurate), infinite amount of information on practicalmachinist.com. If your looking for bigger i would suggest looking on govdeals.ca for a standard modern utilathe.

Comment

It is not for sale in the anywhere near future... it is my daily user.

I run a (old1970-ish) high-school Harrison lathe. I bought it at an auction with all the tooling. It is small-ish, 11–24. But it does 95% of my work, And just over 1400 pounds (anything larger I take to work)

It has a through headstock of 1 1/4 inches.

all in, I’m over two grand+++
        Last edited by Matt Matt; 10-06-2019, 11:41 PM.
        For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
        Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

I've had a 9C South Bend lathe 9'' X36'' for approx. 6-7 years as a hobby lathe & enjoyed working with it most times.

However the 2 main issues I've faced are : the 3/4'' bore only is really too small and changing/adjusting gears for threading was a pita each time I had to do it

If ever I get another lathe I'll pick one with at least 1''-1 1/4'' bore , plus the original steady rest and a gear box.

Kayhan likes this.

Comment

Not overly interested in a southbend or myford. Have been looking for a few monthes on kijiji and the usual other places with no luck. Thought id try on here.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by 05plsrt4 View Post
              Not overly interested in a southbend or myford. Have been looking for a few monthes on kijiji and the usual other places with no luck. Thought id try on here.
              Then you had better give us more helpful parameters! I for one have a number of metal lathes ranging from 30'' to 30' long. The old adage is that you can turn tiny pieces on huge lathes but...
              Rob

Comment

I just did on a Ontario search on Kijiji. Within the first four pages, I found at least four that would be a good. What is your price range and what sizes do you look for? Do you have a make or model in mind?
                For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
                Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

What are you interested in? Then maybe we can help you.

wayne

Comment

There are many used machinery dealers that have a variety of lathes. Search your area and contact them. You will pay a higher price than getting something off kijiji, but also it's rare that the larger lathes come up on kijiji. What are you looking for? 1440 range or bigger? What will you be using it for mostly?
                    Steve The Drill Sergeant
                    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                    X