Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carter Bandsaw Stabilizer for Jet 16-20", Laguna 16" & 14 12, Other Euro Style Saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt Proton
    replied
    Price drop. $55 and shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Carter Bandsaw Stabilizer for Jet 16-20", Laguna 16" & 14 12, Other Euro Style Saws

$65 plus shipping, probably around $15 for shipping. Item is in very good shape. I did sand out the inside of the ring to make it fit easier and smoother.

Model is Jet1. It fits on the round ceramic thrust bearing post. Nominal diameter of post is 3/4". The vast majority of reviews/comments on the web are very positive, however, I just did not like it and went back to my ceramic guides.

From the Carter website.

"The unique patented Stabilizer® from Carter is very different from any traditional guide in that it is not designed to hold the blade with immovable support on three sides. Instead, its grooved bearing wheel firmly prevents the blade from moving backwards or shifting left or right while still permitting the front of the blade to twist slightly side to side. This allows the user to make tight radius complex curves that no traditional guide system can achieve."

A quick Google Search will yield many reviews and discussions about this product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stabilizer.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1254816
Working...
X