WTB 8" or 9" full kerf saw blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 8" or 9" full kerf saw blade

I am in need of an 8 or 9" saw blade, 5/8" arbour, Doesn't need to be high quality but needs to be .125" kerf. Any grind considered.
    The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WTB 8" or 9" full kerf saw blade

Originally posted by smallerstick View Post
    I am in need of an 8 or 9" saw blade, 5/8" arbour, Doesn't need to be high quality but needs to be .125" kerf. Any grind considered.
    How about THIS ONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

How about THIS ONE.
      Thanks, Wally, but it's thin kerf.
      The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

Sorry -- Did not notice that.
        Have you tried the Exchange a Blade @ your local Rona??
        Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 01-28-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Freud has a couple in both 8" and 9". The Kerf is listed at .126 - not sure if that makes a difference. Might have to order from a Freud dealer but they're available.
          https://www.freudtools.com/products/LU84M008
          https://www.freudtools.com/products/LU84R008
          or
          https://www.freudtools.com/products/LU84M009
          https://www.freudtools.com/products/LU84R009

Comment

I have tried many times to buy a full kerf blade for circular saw and The Freud blades in Robs post qre the only ones I found available but no one stocks them and have never gotten around to ordering one.

Brian
            smallerstick likes this.
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Good suggestions, thanks, but I am looking for an inexpensive option. I need to make some ZCIs for my Unisaw. The blade will lower only to the surface of the top And I'm not really comfortable dropping the new insert onto a spinning blade to cut the slot. I thought that a smaller diameter blade would allow me to secure the insert properly then raise the blade through it as is recommended.
              I was hoping to find a used blade with enough life left to use only when I am making new inserts.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it again, that $10 Busy Bee blade would probably to the trick. Make one cut then shim the blade out from the arbour flange and make a second cut to widen the kerf. A shim or 2 from my dado stack should be enough to do it.
              Last edited by smallerstick; 01-28-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

why not use a 7.25'' blade? Garage sales are a good source for non carbide tip blades that can be set to any width you want. You only need a few teeth set over to cut through a ZCI.
                Rob
                smallerstick likes this.

Comment

The restores here have lots of saw blades and just about any size. They are usually about $5 each.

Comment

Originally posted by tool fan View Post
                    The restores here have lots of saw blades and just about any size. They are usually about $5 each.
                    That's a good source but, unfortunately we don't have one in North Bay.
                    I did pick up an exchange blade from a Home Building centre here for 9 bucks. 7 1/4" 24T with a thicker than thin kerf blade. I'll try the two cuts with a shim and see how that works out. After some of the suggestions here today I thought about using an 8 1/4" blade from my Skilsaw but then remembered the diamond arbour knockout.
                    Thanks for the brainstorming, that helped a lot. I'll check back with results.

Comment

I found a beautiful 40tooth 8” Swedish combo today in my stash. I will
                      post s pic later
                      sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark in Burlington View Post
                        I found a beautiful 40tooth 8” Swedish combo today in my stash. I will
                        post s pic later
                        Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by smallerstick View Post
                          Good suggestions, thanks, but I am looking for an inexpensive option. I need to make some ZCIs for my Unisaw. The blade will lower only to the surface of the top And I'm not really comfortable dropping the new insert onto a spinning blade to cut the slot. I thought that a smaller diameter blade would allow me to secure the insert properly then raise the blade through it as is recommended.
                          I was hoping to find a used blade with enough life left to use only when I am making new inserts.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it again, that $10 Busy Bee blade would probably to the trick. Make one cut then shim the blade out from the arbour flange and make a second cut to widen the kerf. A shim or 2 from my dado stack should be enough to do it.
                          When I owned a Unisaw I would score the underside of ZCI with a 1/4" router bit just deep enough to get the insert in, then raise the blade to finish cutting the kerf. You only need to score an inch or two directly above the top of the blade.
                          smallerstick likes this.
                          Cheers
                          Randy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	46J8501-delta-throat-insert-3-3-4-inch-x-13-3-8-u-01-r.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1268772
                            smallerstick likes this.
                            Cheers
                            Randy

Comment

Here is the blade, Galt wood tool imported it.

sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X