white oak for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white oak for sale

Caught this on Kijiji Might be a good deal at 4 bucks a foot https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1439239529
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: white oak for sale

Isn't that in Callee's neighbourhood?

Man, I haven't been through Lavigne in years: don't remember when I last travelled highway 64.
    Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

That's $4.00 per linear foot, with the boards ranging from 6" to 12" wide. So assume an even distribution and it works out to about $6/board foot.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
        That's $4.00 per linear foot, with the boards ranging from 6" to 12" wide. So assume an even distribution and it works out to about $6/board foot.
        So if I understand right, a linear foot is: a measurement of length, so the width and thickness measurements are not needed. So a board let say 6'' wide x 8' long gives you 4 board feet @ $6.00 = 24.00$, but if you buy it from the vendor, you will pay 32.00$. Right??

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Leclerc View Post

So if I understand right, a linear foot is: a measurement of length, so the width and thickness measurements are not needed. So a board let say 6'' wide x 8' long gives you 4 board feet @ $6.00 = 24.00$, but if you buy it from the vendor, you will pay 32.00$. Right??
          Exactly, but it evens out over the pile as long as there are equal amounts of the different widths between 6" and 12".

So the 12" wide board from the vendor would still be $32, but $48 if you paid by the board foot.

Comment

Originally posted by beachburl View Post
            Isn't that in Callee's neighbourhood?

Man, I haven't been through Lavigne in years: don't remember when I last travelled highway 64.
            A few hours more North of Callee's neighbourhood.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X