Dayton 1 HP TEFC 3450rpm motor for sale $230.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton 1 HP TEFC 3450rpm motor for sale $230.00

I have a Brand new Dayton 1 hp motor for sale specs in second photo. Sell for $230.00 may consider trade for new similar 1725 rpm motor.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Dayton 1 HP TEFC 3450rpm motor for sale $230.00

I've got an old beaver table saw that I use for dados. I think it only has a 1/2 horse motor on there now, and it's definitely way under powered for what I use it for. I've often dreamed of upgrading, do you think this motor would be good for that?

Comment

It would be perfect but I don't have a use for a 1/2 hp motor, I will trade for a new 1 hp , 120/230v 1725 rpm, ball bearing motor that is TEFC and reversible, basically the same specs as the one I have but 1725 rpm.

Comment

Oh, no, I wasn't proposing a trade - I am a bit of a sentimental hoarder and so I would definitely keep the original motor because that's what the saw came with when I inherited it from my grandfather.

Rather I was thinking of just buying this out right from you if it would be a good motor for the saw. I do not know a lot about motors or how to know if it would be good for the saw. So what do you think?

Comment

Oh, my bad.... typically you need a TEFC, (totally enclosed fan cooled) motor, 3450 rpm is good as you'll probably want the blade rpm around 5500 through the pulley. When ploughing through the dado's, the extra 1/2 hp will help make the task easier. I think this motor will certainly do the job
          It's totally enclosed so it keeps the dust out of the motors innards, and ball bearings are heads and tails above sleeve bearings any day, so it should last a long time.

Comment

Nice. Well let's do it then. If you can hold it a bit for me while I figure out some transport, I can e-transfer you the money now, if that works?

Comment

Are you in the Parry Sound area? I seem to recall????

Comment

Yup, right beside the Hwy 400, about 10km south of Parry sound. Any chance you happen to know anyone coming up this way?

Comment

I'll be up to the cottage to put in the water end of April hopefully, if this craziness is behind us! ZI go in off hwy 518 (Hunter Drive)

Comment

Oh perfect! That's a stone's throw from me. Would you mind bringing it up? Also, if you send me your email, I can transfer you the cashola. Thanks Pete!

Comment

I'd be more comfortable finalizing the deal closer to the date I come up, but consider it SOLD!

Comment

Perfect, thanks Pete!

Comment

I am planning to go up Friday my email is peteshermet@gmail.com
                          My cell 647-824-1293 , please send me your address.

Comment

Working...
                          X