Wanted - Wheel nut for Rockwell bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Wheel nut for Rockwell bandsaw

I purchased a Rockwell Model 14 bandsaw, and while going through it I have discovered that the nut that holds the lower wheel on is missing. The shaft measures 0.786"/25/32"/19.96mm in diameter with a fine thread. I have found a parts diagram that shows the nut as part number LBS-86 (0.802" - 28 TPI Jam Nut - 3/8" thick. The nut on the other end of the shaft is the same as the missing one. Does anyone have a parts saw that has one of these nuts that I could buy?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Wanted - Wheel nut for Rockwell bandsaw

I've purchased oddball nuts and bolts from auto parts stores.   Chances are that if you take the nut in, they will be able to match it.   It may be thicker than what you want but a little time on a grinder should fix that.

Comment

I have the same saw and coincidently mine was missing the same nut. I found one on line but it was several years ago so I don;t remember the source. Wasn't cheap I think I paid over $20 with shipping. Good luck, if I come across the source I'll let you know.  

Comment

R & D should be able to find that nut , they do sell the generic hinge/nut in one package but I'm not sure if that's going to fit.
        https://tufftooth.com/product-catego...sories/page/4/

Comment

If you know a machinist it would be easy to make one if given the exact specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayhan View Post

R & D should be able to find that nut , they do sell the generic hinge/nut in one package but I'm not sure if that's going to fit.
            https://tufftooth.com/product-catego...sories/page/4/
            Unfortunately the upper and lower shafts are not the same diameter so the linked nut won't fit, you could contact Bob at R&D Bandsaws, he may know a source.  

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I took Doug's advice and want to a small machine shop in town. Instead of making the nut, I had them turn the threaded end of the shaft down to 3/4" and cut fine threads on it. Just picked it up. All done for a total of $36 including tax. Now I get to start reassembly. I will post some pictures when it is done.

Comment

I think it was Dave who suggested the machine shop so I can't take the credit, glad you got it solved. Look forward to the pics.  

Comment

Right you are Doug - Thanks Dave!
                  DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Albertan View Post
                    Right you are Doug - Thanks Dave!
                    You’re welcome, glad it worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...