This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS - Delta 10" Tilt top table saw

I am selling a 1944 Delta model 1160 tilt top saw. It has been totally refurbished including new arbor and motor bearing. It is equiped with a 3/4hp motor capable of running at 110 or 220v. Currently set up for 110volts. It has the very rare (something I don't often say) cast belt cover and the hard to find blade guard with splitter. Also has period mitre gauge. Good saw that should last another 75 years

I am asking $385. For some that will seem like a lot but I have $350 into it plus my time. It was a basket case that I got it for $7 thinking I would resell the belt cover. Then the madness overcame me and I just had to return it to it's former glory. Buying all the parts I needed including the blade guard and fence was not cheap. Some of you will understand why I did it as you suffer from the same madness, a lot of you won't.

If nothing else enjoy the pictures. For those interested in the machine more pics are available on request.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0062.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	1300555 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0064.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	1300556 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	1300557 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	1300558 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	1300559 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.JPG
Views:	386
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	1300560

Attached Files
    Donna H, jgarrett forsberg and 6 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: FS - Delta 10" Tilt top table saw

Yes, i suffer from the same madness..
    beautiful job restoring this lovely saw!
    I already have a saw similar to this and know the amount of work that goes into it. This is a great deal for the right buyer.
    Good luck with your sale.
    Adrian

Comment

Thanks Adrian, it is comforting to know I am not alone.

Comment

i have the same saw as well, it's different but a joy to use!
        i would love to have the cast iron belt cover, mine is sheet metal, well made but doesnt close quite right
        my shop is a beaver lodge
        steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Hey Gerry, am I'm seeing pic's of two different saws here (well same model saw with different stands/fence). Are they both for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Trends View Post
            Hey Gerry, am I'm seeing pic's of two different saws here (well same model saw with different stands/fence). Are they both for sale?
            Sorry to confuse you that second saw is a picture of a an 8" tilty I also had. It was included in error.
            Last edited by Gerry in Belle River; 10-18-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

The saw has been sold to a member here.

Comment

We, (my wife and I), have just returned from a whirlwind 14 hour trip to Belle River to pick up our new Delta Tilty. Thanks to Gerry for all his help in disassembling the saw to enable an easy load in our pickup bed. Also thanks to Gerry for taking the time and effort to restore this beautiful saw.....we really appreciate your fine work.

Thanks

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Gerry,
                  I love the two tone paint job on the saw and blade guard. It's so nice I will have to use the same idea for my restoration. Usurping others brilliant ideas are the sincerest form of flattery.
                  Regards,
                  Dan G.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim near the Tay View Post
                    We, (my wife and I), have just returned from a whirlwind 14 hour trip to Belle River to pick up our new Delta Tilty. Thanks to Gerry for all his help in disassembling the saw to enable an easy load in our pickup bed. Also thanks to Gerry for taking the time and effort to restore this beautiful saw.....we really appreciate your fine work.

Thanks

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    you'll enjoy using that saw Jim and Gerry's restoration looks great!
                    a word of caution, in case Gerry didnt mention it, do not move the saw by grabbing the saw table, the trunnions are a weak point!
                    an option from delta was a plywood extension table. my saw came with the original and is fastened to the fence rails with little metal brackets
                    i use mine quite a bit to cut bevels, it's a little weird at first but no different than cutting bevels on a bandsaw except its way more accurate
                    my shop is a beaver lodge
                    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Working...
                    X