Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

    I picked up a 1970s Rockwell Unisaw today and it's missing the dust door. So I'm on the lookout for one. I don't know if there were different sizes over the years, but if anyone here has one that would fit please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Andy

    Here's a pic of the saw.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20201025_093700.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1301579

  • Thread Continues Below...

  • #2

    Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

    You maybe able to find one online, you can also get plastic ones on e-Bay or just cut a piece of 1/4” MDF to fit. Have fun stripping and cleaning it up.
    Erik

    Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

    Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

    Comment


    • #3

      Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

      Thanks Erik. I did see some plastic reproductions and some pricey originals on eBay. So I'll probably make an mdf one for now, but it would be nice to find an original someday that's not crazy expensive.

      Comment


      • #4

        Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

        Originally posted by streetcore View Post
        Thanks Erik. I did see some plastic reproductions and some pricey originals on eBay. So I'll probably make an mdf one for now, but it would be nice to find an original someday that's not crazy expensive.
        They are around, But I would spend any extra funds on a better fence. BusyBee has some decent fences that are much better than the Jetlock fence you have. Don’t get anything until you have the top off and see that none of the castings are cracked. Keep track of any shims that are there as you will need to replace them. I like the starter you have on the saw with the Art Deco switch cover.
        Erik

        Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

        Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

        Comment


        • #5

          Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

          Originally posted by ErikM View Post

          They are around, But I would spend any extra funds on a better fence. BusyBee has some decent fences that are much better than the Jetlock fence you have. Don’t get anything until you have the top off and see that none of the castings are cracked. Keep track of any shims that are there as you will need to replace them. I like the starter you have on the saw with the Art Deco switch cover.
          I like those old Cutler Hammer push button switches too, but I opened the box up today and discovered that most of the internals are not connected to anything and there's a couple loose screws in the bottom. So I'm guessing that switch is not original. Not sure if it's appropriate for the motor or not. It's a single phase 1.5HP. Here's a pic. I guess we're getting off topic too. Maybe I should start a new thread for the saw rebuild.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20201025_162349.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	1301611

          Comment


          • #6

            Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

            Originally posted by streetcore View Post

            I like those old Cutler Hammer push button switches too, but I opened the box up today and discovered that most of the internals are not connected to anything and there's a couple loose screws in the bottom. So I'm guessing that switch is not original. Not sure if it's appropriate for the motor or not. It's a single phase 1.5HP. Here's a pic. I guess we're getting off topic too. Maybe I should start a new thread for the saw rebuild.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20201025_162349.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	1301611
            Well Andy, that will need some work. I would replace that with a magnetic starter but save that switch. May be good enough for a 1.5 hp but I would look for a mag starter and run the motor on 220v.
            Erik

            Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

            Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

            Comment

            • Thread Continues Below...

            • #7

              Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

              That is a Square D starter enclosure but the guts are missing significant bits. You could probably find what you need on eBay or online if you are patient. I will look in my rat hole to see whether I have any.
              Erik

              Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

              Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

              Comment


              • #8

                Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

                Originally posted by ErikM View Post
                That is a Square D starter enclosure but the guts are missing significant bits. You could probably find what you need on eBay or online if you are patient. I will look in my rat hole to see whether I have any.
                Thanks for the reply Erik. I posted some pics and more info about switch in the topic below. Might be better to continue the conversation over there.

                https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...e2#post1301651

                Comment


                • #9

                  Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door



                  Please view this ad:

                  Unisaw Parts,
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/h...roid.apps.docs &utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&u tm_ content=app_android



                  Please view this ad:

                  Unisaw Louvered Dust Doors,
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/o...roid.apps.docs &utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&u tm_ content=app_android

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

                    There is one on the Vancouver craigslist $80. Saw it earlier today. Search for Unitas parts. John

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X