WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

I picked up a 1970s Rockwell Unisaw today and it's missing the dust door. So I'm on the lookout for one. I don't know if there were different sizes over the years, but if anyone here has one that would fit please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

Here's a pic of the saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20201025_093700.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1301579

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: WTB: Rockwell Unisaw Dust Door

You maybe able to find one online, you can also get plastic ones on e-Bay or just cut a piece of 1/4” MDF to fit. Have fun stripping and cleaning it up.
    Erik

Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Thanks Erik. I did see some plastic reproductions and some pricey originals on eBay. So I'll probably make an mdf one for now, but it would be nice to find an original someday that's not crazy expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by streetcore View Post
        Thanks Erik. I did see some plastic reproductions and some pricey originals on eBay. So I'll probably make an mdf one for now, but it would be nice to find an original someday that's not crazy expensive.
        They are around, But I would spend any extra funds on a better fence. BusyBee has some decent fences that are much better than the Jetlock fence you have. Don’t get anything until you have the top off and see that none of the castings are cracked. Keep track of any shims that are there as you will need to replace them. I like the starter you have on the saw with the Art Deco switch cover.
        Erik

Comment

Originally posted by ErikM View Post

They are around, But I would spend any extra funds on a better fence. BusyBee has some decent fences that are much better than the Jetlock fence you have. Don’t get anything until you have the top off and see that none of the castings are cracked. Keep track of any shims that are there as you will need to replace them. I like the starter you have on the saw with the Art Deco switch cover.
          I like those old Cutler Hammer push button switches too, but I opened the box up today and discovered that most of the internals are not connected to anything and there's a couple loose screws in the bottom. So I'm guessing that switch is not original. Not sure if it's appropriate for the motor or not. It's a single phase 1.5HP. Here's a pic. I guess we're getting off topic too. Maybe I should start a new thread for the saw rebuild.

Name:	P_20201025_162349.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	1301611

Comment

Originally posted by streetcore View Post

I like those old Cutler Hammer push button switches too, but I opened the box up today and discovered that most of the internals are not connected to anything and there's a couple loose screws in the bottom. So I'm guessing that switch is not original. Not sure if it's appropriate for the motor or not. It's a single phase 1.5HP. Here's a pic. I guess we're getting off topic too. Maybe I should start a new thread for the saw rebuild.

Name:	P_20201025_162349.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	1301611
            Well Andy, that will need some work. I would replace that with a magnetic starter but save that switch. May be good enough for a 1.5 hp but I would look for a mag starter and run the motor on 220v.
            Erik

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

That is a Square D starter enclosure but the guts are missing significant bits. You could probably find what you need on eBay or online if you are patient. I will look in my rat hole to see whether I have any.
              Erik

Comment

Originally posted by ErikM View Post
                That is a Square D starter enclosure but the guts are missing significant bits. You could probably find what you need on eBay or online if you are patient. I will look in my rat hole to see whether I have any.
                Thanks for the reply Erik. I posted some pics and more info about switch in the topic below. Might be better to continue the conversation over there.

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...e2#post1301651

Comment

Please view this ad:

Unisaw Parts,
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/h...roid.apps.docs &utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&u tm_ content=app_android

Please view this ad:

Unisaw Louvered Dust Doors,
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/o...roid.apps.docs &utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&u tm_ content=app_android

Comment

There is one on the Vancouver craigslist $80. Saw it earlier today. Search for Unitas parts. John

Comment

Working...
                    X