• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Richards Wilcox Quick Release Woodworker Bench Vise *** SOLD***

$145
    Model 629 - quick release. Jaw face width is 9"
    Entirely cast steel accept bronze busing in quick release mechanism
    Works perectly one owner since purchased new in 1956.
    Includes mounting fasterners suitable for worktop 2" thick or less.
    Will also provide a section of bench in which it was mounted that you can use as a template for cutting the mount in yours.
    Local hand off or pick up in GTA
    Will consider shipping probably if you want to pay for it but probably not feasible due to weight.
    WCraig and Darrell like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: FS: Richards Wilcox Quick Release Woodworker Bench Vise *** SOLD***

If I didn't already have 4 vises on my bench and a vise screw waiting to be built into a leg vise I would be grabbing this!
    Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User

Comment

Cheers Darrell - the closest thing on Lee Valley is $259 and neither its QR action not the metalurgy of the castings would come close to this one. Certainly no bronze bushings on the QR ....

Comment

Beautiful vise. I love mine. From the little bit of research I have found and your picture, I would say yours was built in the original Richards-Wilcox factory in Aurora, Illinois that was founded in 1880. Mine is the 1913 version built right here in London, Ontario from the new Canadian factory built in 1912. Interesting history and yes they work flawlessly. Good Luck with the sale. Someone will be lucky to have it.

Mike

Comment

PM has been sent
          "every man is the maker of his own misfortune"

Comment

I have that model vise! Picked it out of a junk pile a friend was getting rid of, he found it in his basement, left by the previous owners years ago. Cleaned it up and it works great.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I have the model 430x2 that was given to me by my boss when he moved. I have yet to set it up. I want to build a new bench for it.
              Previously Wallace's Dad

Comment

SOLD - thank you

Comment

Working...
                X