WTB Bandsaw fence for my Toolex 14”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Bandsaw fence for my Toolex 14”

Hi All, I am looking for a Rip Fence for my 14” Toolex Bandsaw. It has the two holes tapped in the infeed side edge of the table but nothing else! I would be happy with something that needed some clean up / TLC. New fences for this type of saw are $$$!!

Thanks

Ron in Woodstock
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WTB Bandsaw fence for my Toolex 14”

Or, you could make your own. I made the one in this video although I couldn't get his locking system to work so I modified the design slightly. I can describe the design modification if you're interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOLkv_t-90

Comment

Thanks Doug, I actually watched this video this morning! I am hoping to get a fence that comes with attaching hardware! If not, I might give this fence a try.

Ron

Comment

Hi Ron, it was a pretty easy build, I used mainly offcuts of laminated MDF leftover from a bathroom reno. Only exception was the locking mechanism, just couldn't get it to work. If you decide to give it a try let me know and I can share the details of the simpler locking mechanism I used.

Comment

Thanks Doug, will do.

Regards,

Ron

Comment

Have you looked at this at LV? Kreg Precision Bandsaw Fence. It's $169.00. You might have to drill new holes in your table to mount it but once it is mounted it works well. There might be cheaper ones available. $158.00 on Amazon.

Item 86N4007, Kreg Bandsaw Fence with Tape
            Previously Wallace's Dad

Comment

Thanks Stuart, I was hoping to pick up a used fence or maybe make one. I really don’t want to spend a lot of money on a new fence if there is any other way.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Gillatt View Post
                Hi All, I am looking for a Rip Fence for my 14” Toolex Bandsaw. It has the two holes tapped in the infeed side edge of the table but nothing else! I would be happy with something that needed some clean up / TLC. New fences for this type of saw are $$$!!

Thanks

Ron in Woodstock
                I have had rip fences on two of the four band saws I have owned. I assume they are meant to be used for ripping. I have yet to be able to use one and have it work better than a single point fence at the blade and a pencil line down the lumber at the ripping width. My current band saw is a 14" Rikon and it's fence is about as good as I have seen yet for alignment, but I still use the single point attachment on that fence. (I don't know the correct terminology for what I call "single point")

Just curious to know if you've ever tried a fence?

Comment

John
                  I think its called a resaw post
                  On my old saw I used a dowel attached to a 1x4 and a couple clamps
                  Last edited by LeftFinger; 09-16-2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hi John, I have made a nice fence out of hard maple. I have attached it with a couple of clamps but I wanted something that I didn’t have to fiddle with every time I use it. I wanted to be able to slide it into place, lock it and cut my piece of wood.
                    I might end up using some 2” angle aluminum and fashion a clamping mechanism in some way! Thanks to all for the replies and advice.

Ron in Woodstock

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Gillatt View Post
                      Hi John, I have made a nice fence out of hard maple. I have attached it with a couple of clamps but I wanted something that I didn’t have to fiddle with every time I use it. I wanted to be able to slide it into place, lock it and cut my piece of wood.
                      I might end up using some 2” angle aluminum and fashion a clamping mechanism in some way! Thanks to all for the replies and advice.

Ron in Woodstock
                      10-4. I wondered if there was some reason, and convenience is about the best reason I can think of. Hobbies are supposed to be fun.

Comment

Before I made my fence I used the same method of clamping a board in place, the fence I made is not perfect but a big improvement. Note also if you buy a new or used fence you can either drill the fence or the table (or both) to get the holes to match up.

Comment

All I can say is that Rikon setup has spoiled me for the hard way

Comment

Thanks Doug and ‘leftfinger’, still looking for a used one! I am not going to pay nearly $200 for a new fence! If necessary I will soldier on with what I have.🤔

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Out of curiosity what is the motor HP on your saw? I have a 14” Toolex with 3/4 HP and I find it to be underpowered. I’ve only tried resawing a few times but it doesn’t seem to handle the load very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X