Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Red Cedar

Hi all,

Looking for another source for this material - trying to build a patio coffee table but having difficulty finding.

Checked the ones I know (exotic woods, central fairbank, peacock) but none of them have enough (looking for clear).

Any other sources I should check with (getting delivered or picked up to get it to downtown toronto).

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Western Red Cedar

Don't know if they have in stock but try
    https://www.centurymill.com/product/western-red-cedar/

Comment

Did you try Century Mill?

(haha timing is everything)
      Last edited by Ed in Leaside; 10-06-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Sorry, yep I did. Just forgot to include them in my list - they are my usual supplier.

Comment

Possibly Mike's Hardware in Pembroke, had quite a supply of furniture grade species a year or so ago.
          613-735-1928. What about Monoghans in Peterborough.

Comment

Originally posted by jleroy View Post
            Possibly Mike's Hardware in Pembroke, had quite a supply of furniture grade species a year or so ago.
            613-735-1928. What about Monoghans in Peterborough.
            No knowledge / experience with either. Will check them out, thank you.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I haven't bought any in a year or so but I always had good luck getting it at my local Home Building Centre in Lindsay.
              I was usually buying 5/4 decking boards to use for a table for the patio and planters. Planters are still on hold.
              Previously Wallace's Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Jacobs View Post
                I haven't bought any in a year or so but I always had good luck getting it at my local Home Building Centre in Lindsay.
                I was usually buying 5/4 decking boards to use for a table for the patio and planters. Planters are still on hold.
                Decking boards at building centre stores are not going to be clear. (can't edit original post to reflect that, which I have clearly forgotten to include)

Comment

I have bought nice clear stuff (making outdoor signs) from The Wood Shed
                  "every man is the maker of his own misfortune"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg in Caledon View Post
                    I have bought nice clear stuff (making outdoor signs) from The Wood Shed
                    No clear listed on their site but will give them a call - I gather you are referring to the place in Smithville, yes?

Comment

Working...
                    X