Beaver 3200 motor bracket adjusting screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver 3200 motor bracket adjusting screw

Looking for a motor bracket adjusting screw for Beaver 3200. Part #32102. If you have one that you would like to sell please get in touch. Cheers Douglas
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Beaver 3200 motor bracket adjusting screw

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/83/17461.pdf

You sure thats the part #
    I cant find it.
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

The adjusting bolt is in the manual as Key #29 and part #32102, picture shows the bracket and the bolt.

basically a bolt with a flattened end on it, I believe it is a 3/8 " bolt, and no I don't have one, but shouldn't be hard to make one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Beaver 3200 parts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	1345778
      Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 10-20-2021, 10:33 PM.
      redlee likes this.

Have fun and take care
      Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Ironically I was in need of this part a while ago too. Thankfully another user on here had one available and was willing to ship it to me.

Beaver 3200 Table Saw - Belt Tension Bolt Broken - Canadian Woodworking and Home Improvement Forum

My next option was to fabricate something like Leo suggested. I believe its important to maintain the offset of the flat section and the 3/8" Thread.

You could also salvage one from another machine. Check Kijiji. Entire saws can often be found for $50~100 or even free sometimes.

I believe the material for this part is bronze (or similar soft metal). So be careful if the threads aren't freely turning.

Comment

some years ago I copied an original and made one out of a lock collar and some threaded rod.
          I made sure that I kept all geometry the same and it worked perfect.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by burlingj77 View Post
            Ironically I was in need of this part a while ago too. Thankfully another user on here had one available and was willing to ship it to me.

Beaver 3200 Table Saw - Belt Tension Bolt Broken - Canadian Woodworking and Home Improvement Forum

My next option was to fabricate something like Leo suggested. I believe its important to maintain the offset of the flat section and the 3/8" Thread.

You could also salvage one from another machine. Check Kijiji. Entire saws can often be found for $50~100 or even free sometimes.

I believe the material for this part is bronze (or similar soft metal). So be careful if the threads aren't freely turning.
            The one on my 2200 saw is just regular steel, I don't think there is a good reason to make this out of bronze, if treading could be a problem than brass nuts would be the better way to go IMO.
            Soak-N-Fused likes this.

Have fun and take care
            Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

I agree, bronze is not an ideal material for this. I’m not sure if was in the first place.

Comment

A broken bolt like that shown in the thread quoted in #4 above could perhaps be repaired using a 3/8 threaded coupler to connect the two pieces, if there is room for it.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...w.ds#store=676
                Leo Van Der Loo likes this.

Comment

Did you decide to make a replacement or are you still looking for an original one?

Comment

I made a buckshe repair to allow the saw to be used. It is a bit of a sore thumb , but works. Still on the look out for a replacement. Cheers Douglas

Comment

I have one you can have. Had it put away in case I needed it. When I was looking for parts for my Beaver 3200 table saw, other members of this forum came to my rescue. Rather than letting it sit in a drawer for the next ? number of years, it is time to reciprocate. Mailing address? Tom
                      burlingj77 likes this.

Comment

Tmyatt That is so very kind of you. ! I will pm the address but would like to express my thanks to you for your kind offer. Douglas

Comment

Working...
                        X