Recycled Fir Beams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycled Fir Beams

Bought too much wood. I have recycled fir beams from Alberta elevators. Sizes from 8 x 8 inches -10 feet long, to 12 x 16 inches and 18 feet long. I am in Lethbridge, Alberta. Looking to move up to 10,000 board feet (half of what I have). Asking $2/board foot. Suitable for flooring, furniture, etc.
    Attached Files

Re: Recycled Fir Beams

Boy oh boy do I wish you were closer. I would love to get my hands on some of that.

Comment

http://local.yahoo.com/info-37970499...ated-las-vegas

I have bought European Steamed beech plywood from the Vegas yard of this company. Spent some time talking with the guy in shipping who happens to be the brother of the owner. He spends his summer in the pennyslvania area buying old barns and having them torn down and shipped to California. He states there is a huge market in the LA area for old barn boards and recycled lumber and they sell all they can get their hands on. might be worth a phone call. Sorry I didn't get his name. You are sitting on a lot of money if you can find the right market.I would give Peterman a call. It is a large company and Have driven by their yard in Fontana and kind of strange to see a huge mill in that part of the country. Anyone in lower Mainland interested I will be driving through lethbridge with a 25 ft flat bed trailer in July headed to Vancouver.

Brian
      If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Thank you for the information. Sent them an email and will follow with call. I appreciate any suggestions you or others might have.

Comment

You could also look into Wood Source here in Ottawa, they ship reclaimed products world wide.

Comment

very interested, in lethbridge, please call me 403-315-1457

thanks........reg

Comment

good day

I am looking for a bunch of beams that I can get milled to be a deck top. What are you charging per beam. I would look at taking 10 to 12 beams.

Cheers
              Robert Hilton
              locationscalgary@gmail.com
              403-862-3644

Comment

This topic is two years old. It might be better to send a PM that will hit his email for a response
                Discussion is the mother or father of ideas.
                Discord is the bastard son of discussion.

Comment

Working...
                X