Freud router bits on clearance at Home Depot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freud router bits on clearance at Home Depot

All of the home Depot stores in my area have almost all Freud router bits on clearance, the cabinets were lit up like Christmas trees with multiple yellow stickers lowering the price, sometimes marked down a few times since the regular price.

I asked if they were getting rid of Freud router products but the guy said they were coming out with newer models? Anyway, there $60 bits are down to $20, I got a 3/8" carbide up spiral for $14, a bunch were down as low as $5. Ogees were $8 - crazy.

Sadly the roundover bits weren't marked down, or the straight template bit with bearing down by the shank. There were large $60 panel bits down to $18 !

The 3 piece sets weren't marked down.

I also picked up the Freud black router top base plate for $14 and the bearing replacements were $1-$3.
    Why do people keep calling me Rob?

Re: Freud router bits on clearance at Home Depot

This happened at my local HD over the last few weeks, and when I went by the display a couple of days ago, the display with locking sliding window was gone, and all the Freud bits were simply on peg hooks where anybody could take one themselves to the cash. I think the overall amount available diminished as well.
    Kevin

Comment

I ended up speaking to a Freud rep who was at the store. They're reducing the selection and only carrying a few major profile types. That's unfortunate.

Comment

Yes, I am afraid the selection is really down. I went to my HD yesterday and couldn't believe it - they had no molding profiles and the rest was really rabbeting & straight bits plus one cabinet door set...

Comment

Thanks for posting this, I have been holding off on buying a plate for a new tablesaw wing router table, but just picked up the last one at the local HD for $14 and change, great price!

Hardly any bits left on the sale rack though, was hoping to score some slot cutters and an arbour but they only had a few arbours left, and no cutters so I passed on it.
          I'm only responsible for what i say, not for what you understand.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, You have an electrical problem.

Comment

Stopped by the London East Home Depot. Fairly good selection left. I picked up 14 different 1/2" bits of various profiles. Average price $5 to $7. Slot cutters bits were $1.96. The 1/2" are pretty much done but lots of 1/4" bits left plus several of the 3-3 1/2" raised panel bits. These were marked around $28.00. The clearance rack is kind of hard to spot right away, its to the left of regular display, over in the corner.

Kris

Comment

Slim pickings left in Newmarket. Nothing in aurora, the guy didn't know what I was talking about. But based on the price tags, whoever caught this early got some incredible deals.
              Name is Kamil

Comment

I took two 3 1/2 " raised panel cutter in barrie, great deal. I don't see any stile and rail cutter on sale. Bob, Thanks for the headsup.

Comment

Yeah, been watching the labels for the last few weeks, sure cleared out some racks tonight

Comment

Is there any sense in me getting a paised panel bit without the rail and stile? If I were to buy them seperate would the r&s be like $100(may as well just buy the retail priced set instead)? I have a rail/style/panel set form Elite tools I wonder if the Freud panels would be compatible. I'd have to measure the thickness of the portion that slides in the side I suppose.

Comment

Absolutely makes sense. If you buy a panel bit with the backcutter, you only have to find a straight bit that matches its width to make a groove that fits. (I normally use a plough plane as it quicker and I can adjust the depth and width easily.) I actually prefer raised panel bits without backcutters as I can select the panel thickness to suit the door size. Also, I don't always use rail and stile bits but other joinery methods such as the Domino.

It also makes sense to buy a rail and stile set without the panel bit as you can raise the panel in different ways according to taste.

Comment

The rail and stile bits usually have some sort of profile though, at least mine does.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I just stopped by the Sarnia HD and picked up an 3/8" carbide up spiral, a nice little ogee and a 3/4" mortise bit. They had a little basket with all the bits in it. Not a lot left.
                          Don't trust everything you see on Holmes on Homes;
                          http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com...lems-with-them

Comment

Saw them on sale here in E-town as well. Nothing too much I don't already have but the do have the big 3 piece set panel raiser and rail and stile. It's on for $159. I don't know if thats a good deal as they have no original price. I won't be dropping that kinda coin.

GALLERY OF PROJECTS: http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/Boomr99#

Comment

Not on sale yet in Saskatoon.???? Still had all their usual ones reg. priced, guess I'll have to keep close eye

Comment

Working...
                              X