Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superb Marples No 05 jack plane (2nd and last)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmihai
    replied
    Re: Superb Marples No 05 jack plane (2nd and last)

SOLD !!! For $130 (shipping included). This one - to my surprise is going all the way back to England. Brits love their stuff.

Leave a comment:

• rmihai
    replied

$80 - updated price (+shipping at cost AND + 3% Paypal fees)
    Last edited by rmihai; 08-31-2015, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rmihai
    replied

$90 - updated price

Leave a comment:

• Matt Matt
    replied

What do you mean by "(2nd and last)"? How many of these do you have in your collection?

Leave a comment:

• rmihai
    started a topic Superb Marples No 05 jack plane (2nd and last)

Superb Marples No 05 jack plane (2nd and last)

This is an excellent condition (9/10) Marples M5 Jack plane, clean and tidy, thoroughly museum quality. Pre-Record era (when the quality started to dwindle. Very rare. 2nd and last from my collection.
    Marples and Sorby both started marketing their versions of Stanley bench planes in the 1950s, probably in the same factory, no trace of a finish date to this production but it didn't last long as all models are now hard to find. This Marples M 5 is one of the rarer items from this period - dated pre 1970 - (the Shamrock Leaf on the blade and on the body)
    Like couple of others that copied Stanley, Marples bettered the original.

Comes with all original parts in superb condition.
    14" long and 2 1/4" wide with a 2 " blade.
    Full length Marples blade, hand reground and honed ready for use. I sharpened the blade with a camber (0.035" camber) to work better as a Jack plane. If you want a straight (no camber) Stanley blade instead - the same condition - I can do that - although it will be a pity not to have the original blade stamped with the Shamrock Leaf.
    $90 + shipping at cost. No Paypal fees. Private sale from my collection - no taxes here.

Handles are both original, clean and undamaged, original paint.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmihai; 08-26-2015, 04:56 PM.
Working...
X