Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Walkerton, ON?

Hi everyone!

I just picked up a couple of shaper cutters at a sale in Walkerton, ON, sight-unseen. I'm wondering if there is a member here within reasonable distance of the location in Walkerton, ON, who would be willing to pick these up and possibly hold them for me for a couple of weeks or so, that I might be able to arrange shipping for them? They don't weigh much and will fit practically anywhere.

I'm more than willing to pay expenses for gas and time, since my plan B is actually driving down there and getting them myself, which would also end up costing me gas money. If anyone here can help me out, that would be amazing!

Here's a pic of what's involved. The cutters are on average about 4" to 5" diameter, or less, and come in wooden boxes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1108896
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

"The foundation of every state is the education of its youth." - Diogenes
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Anyone near Walkerton, ON?

A bit of an update about this. The cutters have been graciously picked up by Steve in Ayr, and are now safely in his shop. I've got a request to anyone who will be travelling towards the Kingston, Ontario area any day before or on April 8th. Would you be willing to help get these cutters closer to the Kingston area? I'll be attending the KWA woodworking symposium on April 8th in Kingston, and have a good chance to pick up the cutters anywhere in the Kingston area (or at the symposium!!!) if any member here has travel plans to that area.

Whoever is going to be travelling from the Ayr, Ontario area (or from farther out West) East-bound towards Kingston, please let me know ASAP if you think you might meet with Steve in Ayr to pick these cutters up. If that won't be possible, Steve has also let me know that he will be travelling to Barrie tomorrow (April 6th) and has a chance to meet someone in that area. Otherwise, Steve will also be heading to the London, Ontario area, and will be able to meet a member who can help, somewhere along that route.

If any one of you guys can help, please post here about it or send either Steve in Ayr or myself a message.

Comment

Re: Anyone near Walkerton, ON?

Mods, would it be okay to change the title of this thread to "Rucker needed from Barrie/Ayr/London area towards Kingston, Ont."?

Comment

Working...
      X