Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone travelling to the US, and through Toronto on the way back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone travelling to the US, and through Toronto on the way back?

So this is more of an offbeat request - I'm looking to get a Dustopper but they aren't sold in Canada, and I haven't been able to find someone that can ship it here, even on Amazon. They're sold in Home Depot in the US... cheaper than a dust deputy and way better profile, with virtually identical performance. So if anyone is passing through toronto on their way home from the US I'd really appreciate if you could grab one for me (along with a bucket!)
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Anyone travelling to the US, and through Toronto on the way back?

I was just over there and picked up two, one for me and another for a friend . Its works Great … Have a brand new Festool vac and connected this Dustopper to it and nothing entered the Festool Vac super impressive I must say ... PM me your details and next time I'm over there I'll pick one up for you ...
    I'm going to be putting the Dustopper on a 15 Gal Fibre barrel instead of the plastic bucket also .

Comment

Did you get the homer bucket for it or does it work with the canadian orange depot buckets?

I'm planning on hooking it up to my festool vac too - connect it to the CT26 and then plumb in some central vac lines to put a few outlets around the shop - hoping that lets me eliminate the need for my second shop vac! where are you planning to get the fibre drum? I was thinking I'd just build a plywood box and secure it to the top.

any concerns about static discharge? oneida ended up making a custom dust deputy for the CT vacs because static buildup was frying the CT control boards

Comment

For right now its just on the 5 gal plastic Home Depot bucket , the orange one ... There are 15 gal Fibre barrels on Kijiji in Mississauga . I'm looking into the Static issues in the hose .

Comment

Originally posted by montyss View Post
          For right now its just on the 5 gal plastic Home Depot bucket , the orange one ... There are 15 gal Fibre barrels on Kijiji in Mississauga . I'm looking into the Static issues in the hose .
          well one of my thoughts was, if there's a plywood box or a fibre drum, is static even an issue? with the oneida system the idea is that it sits atop the vac, so for it to be portable obviously it needs to be light... so plastic is the obvious choice, so AS plastic has to be used and that's $$$. but if one is feeding the vac into a wood or fibre box/drum is there still static buildup all the way into the vac, or does it dissipate at the box/bin? I honestly don't know enough about how it all works but that was my thinking (and my hope)!

Comment

Working...
          X