Revision # 3, Sudbury to points west…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revision # 3, Sudbury to points west…

Now that the Ontario borders are opening up again, I am still looking to get this small lump; a well crated vise (11”X11”x26” and 55lbs), from North Bay / Sudbury area to Alberta or BC…
    Vise is currently all packed and ready for the road in North Bay, but with some notice could easily be gotten as far as Sudbury. Final destination is Quadra Island, accessed from Vancouver Island.
    I realize that it is probably unlikely for this to happen in one fell swoop, but alternatively if the lump could just “jump” as far as anywhere in the Calgary / Edmonton corridor or almost anywhere in BC along or south of the Trans – Canada highway, it would be relatively easy for the vise to then wiggle its way to my shop.
    Any and all help in this rucker would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for looking.
    Mark
    Last edited by John Bartley; 06-14-2021, 01:59 PM. Reason: edited as per OP request
    smallerstick likes this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Revision # 3, Sudbury to points west…

Re post this when they allow us to move between provinces when this pandemic lessens.

Brian
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I am taking a seacan from Brantford ON to Lacombe AB. I would make room for this. I am hoping to have the sea can packed up in the next week and a half. If someone can bring it from Sudbury to Brantford (or Hamilton) then I could bring it.

Arrival in AB is mid July, if that timing works.
      cmzinbc likes this.

Comment

RUCKER REVISION

North Bay to Brantford / Hamilton

Dan (djnelson) can add this crate to a seacan that will be heading west for Alberta at the end of May. If anyone is able to assist in getting the little lump from North Bay to Dan in the Brantford / Hamilton area before the end of May please let me know.
        Crated 11x11x26@55lbs.
        Cheers,
        Mark

Comment

That's more reasonable, but...
          Good luck.
          (Even 15 years ago, that would have been a monthly trip for us, home to Sudbury to visit relatives.)
          Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
          'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
          "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Have a look folks .... new revision in the first post ... the thread is still alive and going
            smallerstick and cmzinbc like this.

Comment

We are headed to points west ending up in Langley BC the first week in August. I am hauling a load of slabs for a friend in Edmonton so have to stay in Canada. I will probably take the northern route and pass through North Bay as opposed to Sudbury and the Sault. If you can wait I can help. If something else comes along don’t hesitate to take it. We are quite committed to this trip and wife has booked the time off. My brother in Langley has a son in Nanaimo and goes over quite often.
              Brian
              cmzinbc and smallerstick like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                We are headed to points west ending up in Langley BC the first week in August. I am hauling a load of slabs for a friend in Edmonton so have to stay in Canada. I will probably take the northern route and pass through North Bay as opposed to Sudbury and the Sault. If you can wait I can help. If something else comes along don’t hesitate to take it. We are quite committed to this trip and wife has booked the time off. My brother in Langley has a son in Nanaimo and goes over quite often.
                Brian
                Let me know your timing on this trip, Brian if it happens to work for Mark. I will be able to get this package to you in North Bay whenever convenient so you don't lose any time.
                The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

T
                  Brian
                  Hi Brian,
                  Thank-you for the offer! That would work fine for me, I will send you a pm as well.
                  cheers,
                  Mark

Comment

As always our plans have changed. We are now taking the lower route through Sudbury and the Sault. We will be leaving Woodstock on the 29th of this month with an early start and expect to be in Sudbury approx 930 am . We are still headed to Langley with a couple stops along the way

Comment

As always our plans have changed. We are now taking the lower route through Sudbury and the Sault. We will be leaving Woodstock on the 29th of this month with an early start and expect to be in Sudbury approx 930 am . We are still headed to Langley with a couple stops along the way
                      I can meet you in Sudbury with the parcel. Please stay in touch for time and place to meet up. PM sent
                      cmzinbc likes this.
                      The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

Brian @ Muir sorry, can't send a PM, your mailbox is full

Comment

Try my mailbox now, send me a cell or phone number as a more positive way to stay in touch. Still leaving on 29th. If we could meet near the highway that would be great as plan to make T Bay that evening. My cell is 519 282-2399

Comment

We are leaving Woodstock on Thursday morning and it is approx 4 1/2 hour drive to Sudbury. If you could PM me a cell # Peter I can keep in touch as I get closer to Sudbury.
                            Brian

Comment

This Rucker is complete!
                              I originally purchased the vise from Peter in North Bay (smaller stick) earlier this year. Peter helped out with the first leg of the Rucker getting the vise to Sudbury in late July for a hand off to Brian, (Brian@muir). Brian then got the vise as far as his brothers in Langley, sometime in early August. I was expecting to go pick this up there in the next month or so but then out of the blue on Saturday, l had a phone call from Linda in Courtenay, (somehow related to Brian, if I understand correctly), and my wife picked the little lump up this afternoon.
                              So now the vise is safely in my shop and no worse for wear from the trip thanks to Peters stout crate! My dust collection project will come first, but hopefully later this winter I will be building my new assembly bench and fitting the vise.
                              A big shout out to Brian, he really made this come together, not to mention Peter, so much more than just a used tool salesman!
                              I hope I am able to help out with a Rucker for some of you in the future.
                              cheers,
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X