Looking for a blade for a Frame Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a blade for a Frame Saw

Anyone have any idea where I could buy a blade? I am about to make a Frame Saw and would like to see what blades are available before I settle on dimensions.

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Looking for a blade for a Frame Saw

I found them at Lee Valley, Home Hardware and Amazon by searching for "Buck" saw blades. or for "Bow" saw blade. Many choices.

If you would like to experiment with a very coarse pitch blade (maybe for ripping or pulling), I have some 7/8P x 1-1/4" mill band pieces to give away still. No charge ... just the postage amount to your local food bank.

Comment

It depends on what kind of frame saw you want. I made blades for my saw from band saw blade with pin ends Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1506.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	1306993​​; Lee Valley sell kits, blades and complete Gramercy bow saws; if you wanted to make a bucking saw, the blades for bow saws (Swede saws) are available at LV and probably other places; and so on.

Hope that helps!

Ken

Comment

BTW, John's offer could make a nice saw too!

Ken

Comment

I bought this one for the frame saw I made several years ago.

https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/...wripblade.aspx

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201204_102825 (1).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1307000

Comment

Thanks folks.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
              I found them at Lee Valley, Home Hardware and Amazon by searching for "Buck" saw blades. or for "Bow" saw blade. Many choices.

If you would like to experiment with a very coarse pitch blade (maybe for ripping or pulling), I have some 7/8P x 1-1/4" mill band pieces to give away still. No charge ... just the postage amount to your local food bank.
              I would be delighted to make a further donation - I will send you my info.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X