Bora Parallel Clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora Parallel Clamps

Anyone know any experience with these clamps?

I'm talking specifically about the 31" version, but I do suspect that the other lengths have the same design..

https://boratool.com/accessories/parallel-clamps

It seems they, by design, have a slight taper (slightly wider at the bar and slightly narrower at the ends) that is supposed to allow the clamp to come into parallel when pressure is applied.

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Bora Parallel Clamps

Other things I've seen of theirs seem to be well-made.

But, at that pricing, why bother?

Why not just buy Besseys? They're pretty much the standard. And you can always sell them at a good price later if your tastes/needs change.

Bora represents an unknown quantity which might make them harder to do business with later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard In Toronto View Post

Why not just buy Besseys? They're pretty much the standard. And you can always sell them at a good price later if your tastes/needs change.

Bora represents an unknown quantity which might make them harder to do business with later on.
      That price if for 2 clamps!

I would risk some $$ trying them out for that price, much cheaper than any Besseys I have been able to find... even like you mentioned, used they till command good $$.

tho depending on if that's a US site, will affect final costs.
      Last edited by beakie; 11-23-2021, 07:51 PM.
      [insert something witty here]

Comment

Originally posted by beakie View Post
        ...........depending on if that's a US site, will affect final costs.
        They are located in Michigan so that $120US would be $150+Can plus shipping, tax, etc. which is more than the $70 LV sell a 31" K Body for, so $140 a pair plus tax. Now if there was a Canadian distributor for the Bora that might be different. The Aurora-Bora clamp.

Pete
        Les Groeller likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard In Toronto View Post

I am not bothering.
          I do not need any more clamps.

I was only looking to see if anyone had any experience with them, as the concept seems rather odd and no set of parallel clamps in my inventory are designed so. In fact, if they were in that way, a call would be put into the manufacturer.
          Last edited by LaPedrera; 11-23-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

That price if for 2 clamps!

I would risk some $$ trying them out for that price, much cheaper than any Besseys I have been able to find... even like you mentioned, used they till command good $$.

tho depending on if that's a US site, will affect final costs.
            Where are you finding them for less than Bessey? Just as a quick search, HD sells set of 24" bora for 164$ and a single bessey 24" for 74.98$ (although it is 1700 vs 1100 against the Bora).

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by LaPedrera View Post
              Where are you finding them for less than Bessey? Just as a quick search, HD sells set of 24" bora for 164$ and a single bessey 24" for 74.98$ (although it is 1700 vs 1100 against the Bora).
              I am/was wrong.
              I was basing my comment assuming it was a Cdn$ price for 2 clamps.

I edited my last comment after realizing it may be a US$, which would toss the whole savings out the door.
              [insert something witty here]

Comment

I am/was wrong.
                I was basing my comment assuming it was a Cdn$ price for 2 clamps.

I edited my last comment after realizing it may be a US$, which would toss the whole savings out the door.
                Clamps have been around a long time - I'm really wondering if these guys are onto something with the angled feet.. but not so keen to try out at their costs.

Comment

Working...
                X