X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tools of the Trade sale-Pickering?

Originally posted by Peterpan View Post
    Where is this listed? The Pickering Rec center never seems to know when it is, I just get the news if I recall from the previous show, or see something on a board. Does the tool group have a site?
    The Tool Group Of Canada does have a website: http://www.thetoolgroupofcanada.com/

BUT they are not actually associated with the Tools of the Trade sale. They do list the show dates but that's mostly because they share a common interest in the show, being mostly a bunch of rabid tool collectors. ;^) ;^)

Darrell
    Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Thanks Darrell.

Comment

I will be heading to the LN hand tool event on Saturday April 4 in Waterloo. SWMBO is coming with me and will do some shopping while I am at the event. We are staying over at the Comfort Inn that night and will be heading out in the morning. I just confirmed that she wouldn't mind if we headed to Pickering from Waterloo and attend the TOTT show. I must admit, she really is a great SWMBO and if I just "accidentally" leave this post up for her to "accidentally" read, that should really set me up for spending money at the LN event, The night away in Waterloo and my fortunes that I come across at the TOTT show on Sunday. See you all there.

Kevin
        Last edited by Kevin in Keswick; 03-14-2009, 05:03 PM.
        sigpicSPCHT

Proud member since Oct '06

Comment

Tools of the Trade sale next week!

Just thought I would nudge this thread to remind people that the sale is next Sunday, April 5th.

Darrell
          I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the sale with me, but got fairly non-committal replies. Who understands kids these days?
          Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User

Comment

Re: Tools of the Trade sale next week!

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
            Just thought I would nudge this thread to remind people that the sale is next Sunday, April 5th.

Darrell
            I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the sale with me, but got fairly non-committal replies. Who understands kids these days?
            And as an aside, for those interested in joining us for our monthly woodworkers breakfast, you will be most welcome. It's held in central Ajax, perhaps 15 minutes from the Pickering Rec Center. We normally start by 8:00 am so you would have no difficulty in making the 'door-opening bell' for TOTT Show and Sale. The reminder thread is generally posted by mid-week, so watch for it as it contains the location information.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and pretty novice when it comes to woodworking. Do think these shows are beneficial to someone who is fairly new to the industry?

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by mgandy View Post
                Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and pretty novice when it comes to woodworking. Do think these shows are beneficial to someone who is fairly new to the industry?

Thanks,

Mike
                Hi Mike; This show would only be beneficial to you if you came to our Sunday morning once a month breakfast at EggsCrepes in Ajax. (look for the announcement in the "Off Topic" forum). There will be guys there that have forgotten more than you and I will ever learn. And believe me, they don't mind telling you!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
                Mack C. in Brooklin ON
                It feels really great to sell a pen;
                It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact,
                Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
                "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-o...95203433854962

Comment

If you're looking for old hand tools and/or you are particularly interested in woodworking nostalgia then it is a must-attend function. If you consider a tool to only be worth using if it has a power cord then this show is *not* for you.
                  Mike in Orangeville, ON
                  http://ifonlyyouwood.blogspot.com/

SPCHT

Comment

Working...
                  X