Saturday March 21st - Lie-Nielsen Toolworks @ KJP Select Hardwoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday March 21st - Lie-Nielsen Toolworks @ KJP Select Hardwoods

Join Lie-Nielsen Toolworks at KJP Select Hardwoods - FREE!
    Saturday, March 21st, 8am - 5pm

Learn about Hand plane set-up, adjustment and sharpening. Mingle with other wood enthusiasts while munching on donuts and coffee....
    This is a wonderful opportunity to try a wide array of hand tools and learn how great tools make your woodworking easier!

3-145 Bentley Ave, Ottawa, ON
    (613) 225-6926
    www.kjpselecthardwoods.com

Thanks,
    Karen
    Last edited by lacewood; 03-12-2009, 09:46 AM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Saturday March 21st - Lie-Nielsen Toolworks @ KJP Select Hardwoods

I just got home after checking it out. Great little event. If you haven't made it out yet, you still have time! Pretty much all the LN planes and saws are on site and you can try anything out on the bench. Don't forget to check out the rest of the store while you are there...
    Cheers,
    SPCHT

Comment

Just got back myself too. Sweet planes no doubt and such a large variety. I would be hard pressed to say that they are better than LV but I would give them them the edge on fit and finish by a very, very......very small margin. I have nothing to base that on except my impression over the LV planes I own.
      What I REALLY liked was the chisels. Are they ever comfortable in the hands. I can see one or two in my future but not a whole set....of course I say that now, don't hold me too it!! I do wish LV would put out a Veritas line of chisels though.
      Last edited by OttawaP; 03-23-2009, 01:49 AM.
      Paul

Comment

I'd love too but I'm in between a wedding/reception. Not mine.

Any plane specials? I actually need a low angle block plane. I needed to pick up a bunch of Ash to make a new lathe stand so I was hoping to visit during the event.
        Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/bob_thewoodwork.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob R., Ottawa View Post
          I'd love too but I'm in between a wedding/reception. Not mine.

Any plane specials? I actually need a low angle block plane. I needed to pick up a bunch of Ash to make a new lathe stand so I was hoping to visit during the event.

I don't think there where any specials, other than saving the shipping cost on anything that he might have had in stock.
          Cheers,
          SPCHT

Comment

Originally posted by OttawaP View Post
            What I REALLY liked was the chisels. Are they ever comfortable in the hands. I can see one or two in my future but not a whole set....of course I say that now, don't hold me too it!! I do wish LV would put out a Veritas line of chisels though.
            Yeah, I really enjoyed handling the mortise chisels and that new fish tail chisel was pretty neat too.

Agreed about wanting Veritas chisels. The LN ones are great, but as with almost all things LN, they are just a touch out of my price range right now (day care is killing my WWing budget in general ).
            Cheers,
            SPCHT

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X