LV Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LV Visit

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit the LV store in Edmonton..primarily to look at the new hollows and rounds...and had the worst customer misservice that I have ever had at a LV store..the clerk seemed to be "put out" when I asked to see the planes...none were on display..and had never heard of them..after a 15 minute wait she grudgingly brought out a pair for my perusal..I was not, needless to say, impressed.

I am very glad that this is not the norm re service at LV..and that I hope that I hit this person on one of her "bad days "...we all have them..
    sorry guys...just venting.. I had looked forward to seeing them and was dissapointed

Re: LV Visit

What planes were you looking for? They were not on display? That is odd, I've always seen them in the glass cases unless there is an event going on. Normally, if there is, you might even be able to try one out!

I have always had excellent service at the Edmonton store, but I guess no company or person is perfect!
    It's not the destination, but the journey that is important.

Comment

Ahh, the new hollows and rounds! Those are pretty new, so I guess it isn't surprising that they are not on display yet. Odd that the person who helped you wasn't more friendly, but maybe they weren't sure what you were talking about?
      It's not the destination, but the journey that is important.

Comment

Thats too bad. I have generally had very very good service at that store. Like many stores, they have alot of staff, and there's bound to be the odd one who's a bit grumpier / less knowledgeable / has an attitude. But that is far from the norm at the Edmonton store.
        I often talk to Linda at the checkout and she has to be one of the most consistantly friendly people I know, she always wears a smile.
        I hope you have better luck on your next visit.

GALLERY OF PROJECTS: http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/Boomr99#

Comment

I have found that some stored differ greatly from others. For instance, when I was looking to get some DC parts for my home, I went to the Burlington LV store. They do have displays showing all the parts, but they are zip tied down so tight, it's hard to really see or feel what they are like. They have them all assembled so again, it's hard to see where one piece starts and the other one ends.

I ended up going to the North Toronto store, and there they have all the pieces on a shelf. You can pick them up and put them together to see what they fit like. Attach pieces of pipe to blast gates. Fit on quick release pieces onto pipe and then onto other pieces. Had a whole better feel.

I found it strange as I would have thought that Burlington was a much safer feeling neighbourhood that was less likely of parts taking a walk out the door, but there everything is either glued, bolted or tied down so you can see with your eyes, not with your hands.

Matt.
          Matt

People are like a box of chocolates. It's hard to tell initially which ones are nuts.

Comment

I can't comment on other stores but the new LV store in Victoria is great in the customer service dept. I have been in a few times looking to just feel certain tools. The staff have had no problems helping out even when the place is busy. It is great to have a place where customer service is like it was when i was a kid. People actually wanting to help you and not just there for the pay check.

Comment

I agree, I've had great service and recieved some good advise from the Coquitlam LV store. Might not be a bad idea to send the manager a note- service is what puts one store above all the rest, and that's something that would be a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac204 View Post

(snip) Might not be a bad idea to send the manager a note- service is what puts one store above all the rest, and that's something that would be a priority.
                Hi -

Comments already sent for investigation - sorry for the poor experience... it's definitely not the norm.

By all means - if anyone ever has an issue with anything we do, please let us know. It's the only way we can improve...

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Lee View Post
                  Hi -

Comments already sent for investigation - sorry for the poor experience... it's definitely not the norm.

By all means - if anyone ever has an issue with anything we do, please let us know. It's the only way we can improve...

Cheers -

Rob Lee
                  She must be a Leafs Fan....
                  Take care,
                  Jim

My Passion
                  www.pensforcanadianpeacekeepers.ca

SPCHTsigpic

Comment

I don't go to Lee Valley Stores on the weekend anymore. The service isn't bad, but you can tell the employees are alittle rushed. I really can not blame them, they try their best but the store is usually packed.

These days when I need to go I sneak down on a Thursday or Friday night. The store is usually empty, and the staff is very helpfull. I visted one afternoon during teh plane sale... I had a blast. I thought I'd be there for 30 min., and I ended up being there for almost 2.5 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont. View Post
                      She must be a Leafs Fan....
                      I thought you had to agree to support the Senators if you worked at LV ?
                      It's not about you.

Comment

Originally posted by bdcameron View Post
                        none were on display..and had never heard of them
                        To be fair, the thing that "I" have to remind myself about when in a LV store is...

Not every LV employee is a hand tool fanatic like us of the hand tool forum. Most of the world also does not understand that Mike W is the patron saint of Hand Saws. (get with the times people!)

I'd bet that, Hands tool take up about a tenth of their floor space, and I'd also guess that half of the floor space is dedicated to gardening (what ever that is!)

What I'm saying is that for all we know that at the same time you were there, some other (Gardening) customer could have been talking to the LV "hand tool freak" wondering why he'd not heard of the new Cherry Pitter http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...73&cat=52&ap=1

Not trying to make light of your experience, just offering another perspective.

Comment

rob, havent seen you on here for a while!!

just a quick comment about your london store, always great service, always pleasant knowledgable people

thats it!! just a really positive experience everytime
                          my shop is a beaver lodge
                          steve, sarnia, ont

sigpic

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

Thanks for all your comments guys...Just a note to affirm that was a vent only...not a complaint Rob.. Like most every one else here I usually get excellent service at the four LV stores that I have been in...(especially the Vancouver store..)..

Comment

IMO if the CS was bad enough to rant or talk about then it matters. If it was nothing much and therefore did not bother you as you felt it was a one time thing then you wouldn't have posted anything enless you were wondering if there were others.
                              Grillzy.

P.S. Almost always hit the LV store on Morningside as I pass through the city and have always had the best of service regardless of the number of people in the store (sometimes very very busy) or what my question is.

Comment

Working...
                              X