Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the best price/quality workbench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the best price/quality workbench?

Link . I really like this bench and the price is not bad at all.
    Alejandro
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Is this the best price/quality workbench?

It got Chris Schwartz's seal of approval, if it means anything...

GlenF

Comment

I really think that what you want to pay for a bench is directly aligned with your skill level and expectations...if you are a highly skilled woodworker who really needs all the extras provided by the premier benchs on the market and can justify the cost versus the return..good for you...but the average guy puttering in the basement/shop...set your own levels ...and pay accordingly
      Brian
      Last edited by bdcameron; 08-19-2011, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I think the way they attach the legs to the top could have been fancier than a couple bolts if one of their selling point is the flush front legs. I did that to my bench because it was the easiest way and not necessarily the strongest. With that said, the price is very reasonable for this massive bench. A strong Canadian dollar helps too. I wonder how much it would cost to have it shipped to Canada though. As they say, it would be a good excuse to go to Maine to pick up the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by bdcameron View Post
          if you are a highly skilled woodworker who really needs all the extras provided by the premier benchs on the market and can justify the cost versus the return..good for you...but the average guy puttering in the basement/shop...set your own levels ...and pay accordingly
          Brian
          I think it is not a matter of how skilled you are, but the way you approach woodworking. I work with handtools so a good workbench is essential for me. My dream workbench has a sturdy base and top, legs flush with the front benchtop edge, a twing screw vise (as a front vise), a wagon or the Veritas sliding vise as a tail vise and bench dog holes everywhere. I have already a wagon vise in my cheap work bench and I love it (see link). The Lie Nielsen borkbench fulfill most of my requirements but with shipping and taxes you may end up paying $3000 or more.
          Alejandro

Comment

For that price you could make one heck of a bench exactly how you want it, just a thought.

AK

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I bought one of there benches a couple of years ago and love it.
              Mine was built for a lefty, scandinavian vise for dovetails and a wagon vise.
              The benches are really well made and continue to go up in price.
              From what I hear the wait time is down to a couple of months. I waited close to a year for mine....
              To ship it all the way to Edmonton was about $450.00
              You can't go wrong with that bench....

Comment

Working...
              X