New tool suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tool suggestion

Does anybody know if Lee Valley is open to new tool suggestion ?

A 12 inch long version of this aluminum straight edge would be really nice. I am looking for something small just to maintain my water stone. I bought the 12 inch steel version about a year ago but it already look like s#$%^ because of the rust on it.

Re: New tool suggestion

I'm sure they are open to suggestions. However, during the interim, you could just cut a 24" down since I doubt that a 12" model is going to be much cheaper.

...Wayne

Comment

Buy a 24" cut it in half. Use one half, and sell the other half (the one with the logo) as a 'new', 'unused' 12" aluminum straight edge on kijiji. You'd probably get about 25 bucks.

... I'm really just kidding, but still, 25 bucks ;)

Comment

Your straight edge dilemma aside, I know LV is always open to new tool suggestions. Rob Lee was nice enough to give me a tour of their facility in Ottawa a little over a year ago, and he said they do pay for these suggestions, if they are put into production. Before you get too excited, you will not get rich on this. Unless it's one of the best tool suggestions they have ever had, you're looking at hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars, I'm guessing.

Comment

send lee valley an e-mail and they do respond.

Comment

Working...
          X