• Show
Clear All

• Online Auction

Cornwall area
    https://theresataylor.com/current-auctions-2/
    • Over 140 Lots of vintage Stanley tools

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Online Auction

That auction was a bit of a whirlwind... hard to keep up with the soft close etc. I missed a couple of pieces but, did okay.

It will really throw a wrench into my sleep this weekend. Must get up early Saturday morning... drive 4 hours to the Quebec Border (to pick this stuff up)... hit some places on the way back and then try to make it back to Fergus (another 6 hours plus my stops). Sunday is my Collection lecture at the Wellington County Museum and then next week we head down to Martin Donnelly's Tool auction for a few days...
    WCraig likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by farfromislay View Post
      That auction was a bit of a whirlwind... hard to keep up with the soft close etc. I missed a couple of pieces but, did okay.

It will really throw a wrench into my sleep this weekend. Must get up early Saturday morning... drive 4 hours to the Quebec Border (to pick this stuff up)... hit some places on the way back and then try to make it back to Fergus (another 6 hours plus my stops). Sunday is my Collection lecture at the Wellington County Museum and then next week we head down to Martin Donnelly's Tool auction for a few days...
      What is the collection lecture you mentioned?

Comment

From another thread...

Originally posted by farfromislay View Post
        On Sunday July 14 at 2:00 p.m., I am doing a lecture about my tool collection and collecting in general at the Wellington County Museum. They have given me a room about 700 square feet and I am only able to get about 25% of my collection in there. The collection will be there from July 13 until January 5th.

https://calendar.wellington.ca/museu...1-aa7f00f7dc14

My Nationals are included in the display and there is a copy of a WW1 era Hardware magazine with a National advertisement there as well.

Originally, the collection was going to be there from July until October however; now it is extended until January.

If you guys let me know ahead of time some things you want to see or learn about; I may be able to bring some items (particularly early Canadian catalogues and other tools to facilitate the lecture). For example, I do have a Hamilton Centennial book with the address of National listed in it that is not included in the exhibit. I am still writing the lecture part right now... Doug
        Just another hack likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X