Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for repair shops for small electrical tools in Kingston-Ottawa area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for repair shops for small electrical tools in Kingston-Ottawa area?

Hey, everyone,

Anyone know of a reputable repair depot ion my area (Kingston) and as far away as Ottawa? My Elu 3" X 21" belt sander stopped working yesterday, but because it has been such a terrific machine, I'm not quite willing to give up on 'er just yet.

Recommendations appreciated, along with contact info.
    All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Recommendations for repair shops for small electrical tools in Kingston-Ottawa area?

Its in the wrong direction but George Power Tools in Scarborough is excellent.

I would call ahead as Elu is not common and some shops may not even want to touch it.
    Mark
    www.masterfinishing.ca

Comment

Re: Recommendations for repair shops for small electrical tools in Kingston-Ottawa area?

Marty,
      I have never been associated with ELU, but I spent many years doing electric tool repair for mass merchants for the Emerson, Ridgid and Ryobi brands. If you cannot find anyone closer to you, I'd be happy to have a look at it for you. I'll be happy to provide the labour gratis, but we'd have to track down a source for parts.
      cheers

Comment

Hi, John,

Thanks for the generous offer, John. I did a bit of searching and found only a source for brushes... not a good omen.

I see you live in Monteith; that's quite a ways from our place. If I can't find anyone close to my place, maybe this will be a good excuse for a shop visit?!

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
        Marty,
        I have never been associated with ELU, but I spent many years doing electric tool repair for mass merchants for the Emerson, Ridgid and Ryobi brands. If you cannot find anyone closer to you, I'd be happy to have a look at it for you. I'll be happy to provide the labour gratis, but we'd have to track down a source for parts.
        cheers
        All the best,

Marty

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I'll look them up the next time we're in the area.

Originally posted by master finishing View Post
          Its in the wrong direction but George Power Tools in Scarborough is excellent.

I would call ahead as Elu is not common and some shops may not even want to touch it.
          All the best,

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post
            Hi, John,

Thanks for the generous offer, John. I did a bit of searching and found only a source for brushes... not a good omen.

I see you live in Monteith; that's quite a ways from our place. If I can't find anyone close to my place, maybe this will be a good excuse for a shop visit?!
            Hi Marty,

Yup, there doesn't seem to be many places in North America for ELU parts. The sources that I found on line all seem to be in the UK.

I'm in Ottawa several times a year, so we can make arrangements to meet or find a drop off spot for the sander if you decide you want to go ahead and have it looked at.

cheers

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X