Poritas TS121 Slider value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poritas TS121 Slider value

Whats a fair price for a TS121 slider? Ive seen a couple auction results @around $1800 but that seems excessive? Im thinking 1/2 that?

Im assuming its a good saw being Poritas, but there is next to nothing that I can find online about one.

Id have to upgrade to 3ph, so that would add significantly to the cost, and I need to bear that in mind in what I think its worth.

Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Poritas TS121 Slider value

$1000 would be a good price.
    Poitras made great table saws.

I don't know a whole lot about the sliders but my 12" table saw is very smooth and precise.

Do you mean upgrade to 3 hp? Or 3 phase?
    3 phase motors are cheap, the local electric motor shop sells them (tested) for around $200.

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by nnieman View Post
      $1000 would be a good price.
      Poitras made great table saws.

I don't know a whole lot about the sliders but my 12" table saw is very smooth and precise.

Do you mean upgrade to 3 hp? Or 3 phase?
      3 phase motors are cheap, the local electric motor shop sells them (tested) for around $200.

Nathan
      Id need to generate 3ph by installing a phase converter (or sub in a single phase motor). No 3 phase anywhere near me.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby074 View Post

Id need to generate 3ph by installing a phase converter (or sub in a single phase motor). No 3 phase anywhere near me.
        Gotcha!

Some saws itís easier to switch the motor.
        I believe thatís no so easy with this saw.
        Make sure itís 208 or 220 volts and you can run it off a vfd.

If itís 600 you would need a rotary phase converter and step up transformer.
        That could be another $1000.

nathan
        scooby074 likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X