Royce Ayr Saw Blades vs FS Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royce Ayr Saw Blades vs FS Tool

Looking to get a new blade to go along with my new 3hp cabinet saw. A local supplier has Royce Ayr blades, both the proline and industrial series. They claimed them to be equal to FS Tool, of which I've heard good things here. They can get FS Tool, but the prices weren't great on them and they aren't in stock.

Has anyone used Royce Ayr saw blades? Thoughts on the quality of the proline or industrial?

I'm looking at the following:
    40T ATB General Purpose Proline:
    http://royceayr.com/en/products/stan...-materials/p17
    50T ATBR Combo Proline:
    http://royceayr.com/en/products/stan...-materials/p14

50T ATRB Combo industrial:
    http://royceayr.com/en/products/stan...-materials/s14

Would like to add a flat top grind ripping blade in the future for thicker rips and joinery tasks and a higher tooth count blade from crosscuts and hardwood plywood.

Thanks!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Royce Ayr Saw Blades vs FS Tool

I believe Proline are an import blade as I have a couple of them. They are a good blade but imho not as good as FS Tool which I have a couple of also. Normand Inc put out a flyer every couple of months and usually have FS Tool blades on sale. Tenyru also make a good blade also. Both FS TOOL and Royce Ayr has their main focus on the industrial wood and metal manufacturing businesses.
    Brian
    Wally in Calgary likes this.
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

The Majority of my blades are from Royce's top quality line. I don't know what name they fall under but I wouldn't trade any one of them.
      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by jay.do View Post
        Looking to get a new blade to go along with my new 3hp cabinet saw. A local supplier has Royce Ayr blades, both the proline and industrial series. They claimed them to be equal to FS Tool, of which I've heard good things here. They can get FS Tool, but the prices weren't great on them and they aren't in stock.

Has anyone used Royce Ayr saw blades? Thoughts on the quality of the proline or industrial?

I'm looking at the following:
        40T ATB General Purpose Proline:
        http://royceayr.com/en/products/stan...-materials/p17
        50T ATBR Combo Proline:
        http://royceayr.com/en/products/stan...-materials/p14

50T ATRB Combo industrial:
        http://royceayr.com/en/products/stan...-materials/s14

Would like to add a flat top grind ripping blade in the future for thicker rips and joinery tasks and a higher tooth count blade from crosscuts and hardwood plywood.

Thanks!
        I have a few RA and a few more FS Tools . I didn't buy the RA as they came with machines that I bought. I have had them sharpened and they are good blades but they don't compare with FS in my opinion. The FS seem sharper and last longer. They also have better carbide if your compare them.

Comment

They both make great blades, way above anything you can buy from a hardware store.

I don't think you can go wrong with either

Nathan
          carbonBased likes this.

Comment

i have some royce proline blades whenn i bought mine 25 yrs ago they were cdn made. a good blade.
            also have a tenryu gold medal10 x 40tooth, no saw marks on ripping,think its better than forrest. tenryu made in japan gm blade

Comment

Thanks everyone! Another local option would be Amana from richelieu. Dimar is also available.

Comment

Originally posted by jay.do View Post
                Thanks everyone! Another local option would be Amana from richelieu. Dimar is also available.
                Amana Industrial is on par with FS Tools in my opinion. The carbide is heavy and stays sharp. I have a couple of them and they would last a hobbiest a lifetime I'm sure. The teeth are actually larger than the FS Tools blades.

Comment

I liked their glue line rip blade

Comment

I live near the Royce Ayr plant in Cambridge so decided to try one of their 12" blades on my mitre saw and was impressed with their service and the blade (paid less then the price online, possibly because I walked in).

I'll definitely buy from them again.

-Jeff

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought all of my blades [Royce] from the sharpener I've used in Edmonton. Precision Grinding. I doubt that I will ever need anything else because I don't think I will wear them out anytime soon.
                      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by carbonBased View Post
                        I live near the Royce Ayr plant in Cambridge so decided to try one of their 12" blades on my mitre saw and was impressed with their service and the blade (paid less then the price online, possibly because I walked in).

I'll definitely buy from them again.

-Jeff

Is it a Proline?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                          Is it a Proline?
                          Yes, so I can only imagine what their uber high end models are like.

-Jeff

Comment

I contacted Royce Ayr today. They do manufacture the Proline blade which is their industrial line but to compete with some other cheaper brands it is not the same quality as their Ultima brand blades. A 14 inch 80 tooth ATB in Proline is $142 while an 84 tooth in Ultima is $255. Both were ATB. Both are well priced. I stand corrected on the Proline being produced elsewhere.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                              I contacted Royce Ayr today. They do manufacture the Proline blade which is their industrial line but to compete with some other cheaper brands it is not the same quality as their Ultima brand blades. A 14 inch 80 tooth ATB in Proline is $142 while an 84 tooth in Ultima is $255. Both were ATB. Both are well priced. I stand corrected on the Proline being produced elsewhere.
                              Brian
                              Thanks for checking in on that Brian, that matches with the local shop's statement that they were a good blade but not made to the same tolerance as the industrial/Ultima blades.

Comment

Working...
                              X