X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaPedrera
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug G View Post

Looks like John's post makes this unecessary, thanks anyway.
    I'd like to have a hard copy if you can still transfer it - kind of hard to reference a computer screen when tuning a table saw.

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied

Yes that's the article (and a better copy than what I have), look forward to the comments or alternate methods of achieving the same thing ie keeping the blade parallel to the mitre slots when it is tilted.

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    Originally posted by LaPedrera View Post

I can't seem to get PMs working on here(have given up and not counting on it getting fixed).

No message attach - once you are on it, it has an upload file selection and email section - whatever email you put in as the email to will be sent a link to download the file (you can use your own)

I circled what what you should be seeing in the attached image.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WE.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	1253420
    Looks like John's post makes this unecessary, thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied

If you PM me with your email I can send it to you that way, I'll need you email anyway to use the linked transfer method, not sure how wetransfer works, don't see how to attach a file to the message.
    Staff can't seem to get my PMs working on here(have given up and not counting on it getting fixed).

No message attach - once you are on it, it has an upload file selection and email section - whatever email you put in as the email to will be sent a link to download the file (you can use your own)

I circled what what you should be seeing in the attached image.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	WE.jpg Views:	1 Size:	200.4 KB ID:	1253420
    Last edited by LaPedrera; 09-29-2019, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
    Here is a link to the Google Books site, on which the entire article can be read :

https://books.google.ca/books?id=s_Y...roughs&f=false
    Yes that's the article (and a better copy than what I have), look forward to the comments or alternate methods of achieving the same thing ie keeping the blade parallel to the mitre slots when it is tilted.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Here is a link to the Google Books site, on which the entire article can be read :

https://books.google.ca/books?id=s_Y...roughs&f=false

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    Originally posted by LaPedrera View Post

If you transfer it using the following: https://wetransfer.com/ I can get a copy and then convert it to a much smaller PDF (or at least try) to attach here.

C
    If you PM me with your email I can send it to you that way, I'll need you email anyway to use the linked transfer method, not sure how wetransfer works, don't see how to attach a file to the message.

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied
    Originally posted by iamtooler View Post

Let's get it posted so we can critique it, there are so many BS experts on the web. I am sure a moderator can help if needed to get it posted if copy/paste or upload do not work.
    If you transfer it using the following: https://wetransfer.com/ I can get a copy and then convert it to a much smaller PDF (or at least try) to attach here.

C

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied

Let's get it posted so we can critique it, there are so many BS experts on the web. I am sure a moderator can help if needed to get it posted if copy/paste or upload do not work.
    Agreed, can't recall how I got this article, might have been from someone on this forum. If someone can show me how to post it I'll gladly do so. If it's BS I'd like to know before I try it.

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    I have an article entitled "Supertune your table saw" by Tom Burroughs that addresses both table top alignment and trunnion alignment for both cabinet saws and contractor saws. I haven't used it yet but it's on my to do list as my saw blade is parallel with the mitre slot at 90 but goes out of alignment when tilted. It's in PDF form, I tried to upload it but it appears it's too big. I can email it to you if you want or if someone can advise how I can post it, I'll post it here. It's about 19Mb.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    I sent you a PM Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    I have an article entitled "Supertune your table saw" by Tom Burroughs that addresses both table top alignment and trunnion alignment for both cabinet saws and contractor saws. I haven't used it yet but it's on my to do list as my saw blade is parallel with the mitre slot at 90 but goes out of alignment when tilted. It's in PDF form, I tried to upload it but it appears it's too big. I can email it to you if you want or if someone can advise how I can post it, I'll post it here. It's about 19Mb.

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post

There were no shims to be found.
    Find a tutorial before you align the table, it is a multistep process and well worth getting perfect. I have never done it but many here have.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Normally there would be shims under some of the table bolts I believe. Something to do with aligning the table slots to the blade while tilting blade?
    There were no shims to be found.

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Normally there would be shims under some of the table bolts I believe. Something to do with aligning the table slots to the blade while tilting blade?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X