Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used Unisaw

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    David you have the newer fence if it's the same as the pics in your post #27. The old style fence was on tubular rails and it was basically a steel 1 x 3.
    The tube rails on a unisaw was a jet-lock fence, not a unifence. It is also a good fence especially when compared to cheaper models of Delta saws.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Mine were stamped Unifence Rob on the ends of the tubes front and back bottom. Regardless they were a good fence if you maintained the rear clamping mechanism.

Comment

Ok, I think we're speaking the same language, just different dialects.
        The old-style fence you're referring to is a Jet-Lock fence.
        I have a Unifence and there are two editions of those.
        Edition 1
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	1252833
        Edition 2
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	1252834
        The big visual difference is the parallel adjusters.
        Last edited by DavidR8; 09-26-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post
          Ok, I think we're speaking the same language, just different dialects.
          The old-style fence you're referring to is a Jet-Lock fence.
          I have a Unifence and there are two editions of those.

The big visual difference is the parallel adjusters.
          You are correct David. I have the old-style Uni like the grey one in your pic. The only difference is the way they lock. They operate exactly the same way. They can both be moved side to side and front to back. You could move your front rail all the way right and have a more versatile TS. This can be done by just drilling a few holes if needed. The cursors are different too if you ever need one. I cut my fence down into a short one and a medium one. I have a Peachtree arm that I like for most things.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Uni.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.9 KB ID:	1252843
          Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 09-26-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I just measured the fence rail.
            It is 83 in. long. So with it installed the saw is basically 27 in deep x 83 in wide.
            That’s a huge footprint in my 23’ x 17.5’ garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow,,,,,,,,,All along through this thread and your other thread I asked how long is your rail. I think everyone believed you were talking about cutting down a 52 inch rail and now you tell us your rail is 83 inches long. I even asked what part you were referring to when you said rail and you never answered. I wanted to know if you were calling the fence a rail. Now cutting it to fit in your shop makes it a bit more understandable. Gee whiz!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Wow,,,,,,,,,All along through this thread and your other thread I asked how long is your rail. I think everyone believed you were talking about cutting down a 52 inch rail and now you tell us your rail is 83 inches long. I even asked what part you were referring to when you said rail and you never answered. I wanted to know if you were calling the fence a rail. Now cutting it to fit in your shop makes it a bit more understandable. Gee whiz!!
                Sorry if I was unclear but isn’t the part that goes along the front of the saw always called the rail???

I used 52 in. specifically because that’s how Delta markets them. “52 in. capacity”

I thought it would have been pretty obvious from the first photo of the saw that the rail is huge.

Wally in Calgary likes this.

Comment

David that picture is from the sign shop. The first pic you showed in your place is in post #11 and the saw does not have a rail so that was the obvious confusion. How would we know if you got the rail or the sign shop kept it? Regardless you're happy. Enjoy and do whatever suits your needs.

Comment

Thanks.
                    I feel like I was getting chastised

Comment

Originally posted by DavidR8
                      I just measured the fence rail.
                      It is 83 in. long. So with it installed the saw is basically 27 in deep x 83 in wide.
                      That’s a huge footprint in my 23’ x 17.5’ garage.

I had one the same size in a 16 x 20 shop. Yes, it's a big footprint but not unmanageable. Give it a chance and play with it a bit before you cut the rails. Just my .02
                      DavidR8 and Wally in Calgary like this.
                      The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post
                        Thanks.
                        I feel like I was getting chastised

Why? I was trying to help you by pointing out that it's best to provide absolute information. Anything else has lead to poor information and advice in the past.

Comment

This reminds me of a poster I had in my office back in the 80's (and this is from memory) "Although you think you understood what you thought you heard me say what you don't realize is that what I said was not what I meant" .

Comment

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
                            This reminds me of a poster I had in my office back in the 80's (and this is from memory) "Although you think you understood what you thought you heard me say what you don't realize is that what I said was not what I meant" .
                            Too right!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
                              Yep that about covers it.

Comment

Rusty please see my PM

Comment

Working...
                                X