Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used Unisaw

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

You are correct David. I have the old-style Uni like the grey one in your pic. The only difference is the way they lock. They operate exactly the same way. They can both be moved side to side and front to back. You could move your front rail all the way right and have a more versatile TS. This can be done by just drilling a few holes if needed. The cursors are different too if you ever need one. I cut my fence down into a short one and a medium one. I have a Peachtree arm that I like for most things.
    Hi Wally, on the bottom of my fence rail is a large tapped hole, perhaps 1/2 in. Do you have any idea what that is for?

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post

Hi Wally, on the bottom of my fence rail is a large tapped hole, perhaps 1/2 in. Do you have any idea what that is for?
      Where are you talking about?? A pic would be good if you can. Is it on the front of the fence that rides on the saw?

Comment

It is on the bottom side, facing the floor when the rail is on the saw.
        This isn't my fence but it does show the hole.

Comment

That could be just to hang the starter box from. I like mine on the far left so it's not too far under a sheet when cutting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uni1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1253023

Comment

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post
            That could be just to hang the starter box from. I like mine on the far left so it's not too far under a sheet when cutting.
            That makes sense.
            Oddly the starter box on my saw is on the left side at the back. Definitely not a good place for it.
            There's a cutout for the original switch on the front right. I think I will cover that over and move the starter box to the front left side.

Comment

That makes sense.
              Oddly the starter box on my saw is on the left side at the back. Definitely not a good place for it.
              There's a cutout for the original switch on the front right. I think I will cover that over and move the starter box to the front left side.
              If you take notice on mine there is a plastic flap that I can hit with my thigh to shut it down. It's placed perfectly for that.

Comment

Is there much difference between the Rockwell Unisaw and the Delta Unisaw? I have a Rockwell...just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by ehender2 View Post
                  Is there much difference between the Rockwell Unisaw and the Delta Unisaw? I have a Rockwell...just wondering.
                  I honestly don't know. Mine was made in Guelph so it definitely comes from the Beaver --> Rockwell lineage. Serial number UU1578. I can't quite date it because the Vintage Woodworking machines folks are primarily tracking US made machines.

Comment

Consider them identical.
                    Rob
                    DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

What a terrific saw you now have! Congrats!!
                      DavidR8 likes this.
                      All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
                      - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

I honestly don't know. Mine was made in Guelph so it definitely comes from the Beaver --> Rockwell lineage. Serial number UU1578. I can't quite date it because the Vintage Woodworking machines folks are primarily tracking US made machines.
                        I kind of keep track of serial numbers of Guelph-built Unisaws. I've only ever noted two saws with the UU prefix--virtually all the Guelph saws had a "G-" prefix. On the other two examples, the tag says "Rockwell Manufacturing Company of Canada, Limited". This is the name they used prior to 1973 so it is likely an older saw. Would love to see a photo of the tag!

BTW, there is no master list of Canadian serial numbers so you won't be able to determine exactly when your saw was produced.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by WCraig View Post

I kind of keep track of serial numbers of Guelph-built Unisaws. I've only ever noted two saws with the UU prefix--virtually all the Guelph saws had a "G-" prefix. On the other two examples, the tag says "Rockwell Manufacturing Company of Canada, Limited". This is the name they used prior to 1973 so it is likely an older saw. Would love to see a photo of the tag!

BTW, there is no master list of Canadian serial numbers so you won't be able to determine exactly when your saw was produced.

Craig
                          Here’s the tag :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!
                            DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

David the switch on your saw was probably moved to the back because the sign shop found it easier to get at while cutting large sheet goods.
                              DavidR8 likes this.
                              "Do it Right!"

Comment

I wonder if someone would take a photo of the rear of their Unisaw so I can see what the back rail looks like.
                                Is there supposed to be a length of angle iron or something to support the extension table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X