Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iamtooler
    replied
    So the extensions were only held along their sides? The HD shaper uses the same extensions IIRC, pretty vulnerable to breaking.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    Originally posted by iamtooler View Post

When purchased new with a unifence they must have had something to attach the extensions at the back, that is what I was getting at and what the OP wants to know.
    Not that I know of. The old Uni's never had anything out back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	27.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	1253187
    Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 09-28-2019, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

The Uni fence does not require a rear support. Therefore you can bolt anything you would like to the rear of the tables to support your outfeed. I used a 1x1 light angle iron on mine. Just remember to keep it level or slightly below the TS. You might have to rout slots for your miter gauge.
    When purchased new with a unifence they must have had something to attach the extensions at the back, that is what I was getting at and what the OP wants to know.

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    Originally posted by iamtooler View Post

You had best ask for pic from a unisaw that came new with a unifence!
    The Uni fence does not require a rear support. Therefore you can bolt anything you would like to the rear of the tables to support your outfeed. I used a 1x1 light angle iron on mine. Just remember to keep it level or slightly below the TS. You might have to rout slots for your miter gauge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	track saw.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1253164

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post
    I wonder if someone would take a photo of the rear of their Unisaw so I can see what the back rail looks like.
    Is there supposed to be a length of angle iron or something to support the extension table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You had best ask for pic from a unisaw that came new with a unifence!

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Mine is supported with the rear fence rail which is an aluminum extrusion and the side edge of the extension is bolted to the side edge of the table. I also have adjustable legs to support the outside front and back corners.

Leave a comment:

• ehender2
    replied
    My Rockwell has a rail on the back which the extension table is attached to.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    I wonder if someone would take a photo of the rear of their Unisaw so I can see what the back rail looks like.
    Is there supposed to be a length of angle iron or something to support the extension table?

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    David the switch on your saw was probably moved to the back because the sign shop found it easier to get at while cutting large sheet goods.

Leave a comment:

• WCraig
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Originally posted by WCraig View Post

I kind of keep track of serial numbers of Guelph-built Unisaws. I've only ever noted two saws with the UU prefix--virtually all the Guelph saws had a "G-" prefix. On the other two examples, the tag says "Rockwell Manufacturing Company of Canada, Limited". This is the name they used prior to 1973 so it is likely an older saw. Would love to see a photo of the tag!

BTW, there is no master list of Canadian serial numbers so you won't be able to determine exactly when your saw was produced.

Craig
    Here’s the tag :-)

Leave a comment:

• WCraig
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post

I honestly don't know. Mine was made in Guelph so it definitely comes from the Beaver --> Rockwell lineage. Serial number UU1578. I can't quite date it because the Vintage Woodworking machines folks are primarily tracking US made machines.
    I kind of keep track of serial numbers of Guelph-built Unisaws. I've only ever noted two saws with the UU prefix--virtually all the Guelph saws had a "G-" prefix. On the other two examples, the tag says "Rockwell Manufacturing Company of Canada, Limited". This is the name they used prior to 1973 so it is likely an older saw. Would love to see a photo of the tag!

BTW, there is no master list of Canadian serial numbers so you won't be able to determine exactly when your saw was produced.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• MartyFromKingston
    replied
    What a terrific saw you now have! Congrats!!

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Consider them identical.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Originally posted by ehender2 View Post
    Is there much difference between the Rockwell Unisaw and the Delta Unisaw? I have a Rockwell...just wondering.
    I honestly don't know. Mine was made in Guelph so it definitely comes from the Beaver --> Rockwell lineage. Serial number UU1578. I can't quite date it because the Vintage Woodworking machines folks are primarily tracking US made machines.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X