Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ehender2
    replied
    Is there much difference between the Rockwell Unisaw and the Delta Unisaw? I have a Rockwell...just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post

That makes sense.
    Oddly the starter box on my saw is on the left side at the back. Definitely not a good place for it.
    There's a cutout for the original switch on the front right. I think I will cover that over and move the starter box to the front left side.
    If you take notice on mine there is a plastic flap that I can hit with my thigh to shut it down. It's placed perfectly for that.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post
    That could be just to hang the starter box from. I like mine on the far left so it's not too far under a sheet when cutting.
    That makes sense.
    Oddly the starter box on my saw is on the left side at the back. Definitely not a good place for it.
    There's a cutout for the original switch on the front right. I think I will cover that over and move the starter box to the front left side.

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    That could be just to hang the starter box from. I like mine on the far left so it's not too far under a sheet when cutting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uni1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1253023

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    It is on the bottom side, facing the floor when the rail is on the saw.
    This isn't my fence but it does show the hole.

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied

Hi Wally, on the bottom of my fence rail is a large tapped hole, perhaps 1/2 in. Do you have any idea what that is for?
    Where are you talking about?? A pic would be good if you can. Is it on the front of the fence that rides on the saw?

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

You are correct David. I have the old-style Uni like the grey one in your pic. The only difference is the way they lock. They operate exactly the same way. They can both be moved side to side and front to back. You could move your front rail all the way right and have a more versatile TS. This can be done by just drilling a few holes if needed. The cursors are different too if you ever need one. I cut my fence down into a short one and a medium one. I have a Peachtree arm that I like for most things.
    Hi Wally, on the bottom of my fence rail is a large tapped hole, perhaps 1/2 in. Do you have any idea what that is for?

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Rusty please see my PM

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug G View Post
    This reminds me of a poster I had in my office back in the 80's (and this is from memory) "Although you think you understood what you thought you heard me say what you don't realize is that what I said was not what I meant" .
    Yep that about covers it.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug G View Post
    This reminds me of a poster I had in my office back in the 80's (and this is from memory) "Although you think you understood what you thought you heard me say what you don't realize is that what I said was not what I meant" .
    Too right!

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Thanks.
    I feel like I was getting chastised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why? I was trying to help you by pointing out that it's best to provide absolute information. Anything else has lead to poor information and advice in the past.

Leave a comment:

• smallerstick
    replied
    I had one the same size in a 16 x 20 shop. Yes, it's a big footprint but not unmanageable. Give it a chance and play with it a bit before you cut the rails. Just my .02

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Thanks.
    I feel like I was getting chastised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    David that picture is from the sign shop. The first pic you showed in your place is in post #11 and the saw does not have a rail so that was the obvious confusion. How would we know if you got the rail or the sign shop kept it? Regardless you're happy. Enjoy and do whatever suits your needs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X