Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used Unisaw

Originally posted by mbchrapko View Post
    David, you might consider cutting your rail in half and using the off cut on the back.
    I have done this with a 120” rail and it makes a good attachment point for an outfeed and/or extension table. Sounds like 41-1/2” rails might be right for your application.
    Thanks, I put the rail back on the saw today. I tried the second set of holes in the rail as I was hoping that maybe I could shift the fence to the left by 10 in. or so. No luck as they are mis-aligned by about 1/8" so only only one of the two bolts will thread in.

I don't really have the space for a 40 in. extension and supporting outfeed table unless the outfeed folds down which is a possibility. But that still leaves me wondering why or if I'd ever try to crosscut the middle of a 8 ft. sheet.

I may end up cutting the rail down (or trading it for a shorter rail) but I want to get the saw set up and running before I make that decision.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

If you end up looking to trade for a shorter rail, you could end up wth the newer model of that rail which has additional extrusions that allow positioning anywhere you like. Click image for larger version

Name:	819BEFF7-70A6-4E21-A01A-55605996EAAC.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	1253247

Comment

mbchrapko That would be ideal. Will have to see what I find.

On a seperate note I need to switch the motor to 110 v till I get 22 v run into my shop.

Anyone know how to interpret this diagram against what's inside the motor wiring compartment?

Comment

Can you tell the wire colours apart? You can infer that the two on the same post are red and yellow but why do we not see the two going to the switch?
          Rob

Comment

I took some time last night to dig into the wiring. Turns out I needed to look into the junction box instead. It was simple to change, took less than five minutes. Now I just need to get the correct plug and receptacle.

I also pulled the top off. Everything underneath looked factory fresh. The motor and arbour bearings are smooth and silent without a trace of play. I brushed and vacuumed sawdust from every nook and cranny I could reach. Used a brass brush to clean the worm gears and pinions. Applied some paste wax to them and now the blade raises and tilts with almost no effort.

Oh and the belts are toast! I saw a post about a source for belts but I can't find it now. If I recall correctly it said matched belts were unnecessary.

Comment

Matched belts are cheap and yes they are necessary for complete power transfer. Go to a Motor or Fan supply shop and get them. The last time I got them they were around $15.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uni2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	1253297
              DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

Thanks Wally in Calgary that's perfect!

Comment

Normally there would be shims under some of the table bolts I believe. Something to do with aligning the table slots to the blade while tilting blade?

Comment

Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
                    Normally there would be shims under some of the table bolts I believe. Something to do with aligning the table slots to the blade while tilting blade?
                    There were no shims to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidR8 View Post

There were no shims to be found.
                      Find a tutorial before you align the table, it is a multistep process and well worth getting perfect. I have never done it but many here have.
                      DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

I have an article entitled "Supertune your table saw" by Tom Burroughs that addresses both table top alignment and trunnion alignment for both cabinet saws and contractor saws. I haven't used it yet but it's on my to do list as my saw blade is parallel with the mitre slot at 90 but goes out of alignment when tilted. It's in PDF form, I tried to upload it but it appears it's too big. I can email it to you if you want or if someone can advise how I can post it, I'll post it here. It's about 19Mb.

Comment

I sent you a PM Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
                            I have an article entitled "Supertune your table saw" by Tom Burroughs that addresses both table top alignment and trunnion alignment for both cabinet saws and contractor saws. I haven't used it yet but it's on my to do list as my saw blade is parallel with the mitre slot at 90 but goes out of alignment when tilted. It's in PDF form, I tried to upload it but it appears it's too big. I can email it to you if you want or if someone can advise how I can post it, I'll post it here. It's about 19Mb.
                            Let's get it posted so we can critique it, there are so many BS experts on the web. I am sure a moderator can help if needed to get it posted if copy/paste or upload do not work.

Comment

Let's get it posted so we can critique it, there are so many BS experts on the web. I am sure a moderator can help if needed to get it posted if copy/paste or upload do not work.
                              Agreed, can't recall how I got this article, might have been from someone on this forum. If someone can show me how to post it I'll gladly do so. If it's BS I'd like to know before I try it.

Comment

If you transfer it using the following: https://wetransfer.com/ I can get a copy and then convert it to a much smaller PDF (or at least try) to attach here.

C

Comment

Working...
                                X