Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Used Unisaw

Originally posted by WCraig View Post

AIUI, "matched belts" used to be necessary, some decades ago, but that manufacturing tolerances have improved so much that it is no longer an issue. At least, that is what a local bearing supply house told me when I bought belts. They said that if you insist on matched belts, you won't get anything different--except maybe the price!

Craig
    I also believe this to be true, at least as far as "wrapped" belts, but maybe a belt expert could confirm. I think that we can still buy "raw edge" belts in matched sets as they simply bind them in pairs/triples etc as they take them off the cutter. I have been told by belt sellers that wrapped belts are accurate enough that matching is not done on them anymore.
    Last edited by John Bartley; 09-30-2019, 09:53 AM.
    WCraig likes this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I’d be interested to know if there is a material difference between a set of unmatched belts and a set of matched belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Progress on the saw this far.
        1) I decided to ditch the Unifence. KMS had an Excalibur fence on for crazy cheap. I always preferred the Beismeyer style so this feels right to me.

2) Swapped the Excalibur light gauge rear angle rail for 2x2x1/8” angle.
        Drilled to match the table. Polished the top. Smooooooth! Fence glides like butter.

3) Bought new belts.

4) The other night I picked up a drafting table from a neighbour. The top is unmarked and measures 48”x 32”. Perfect size for the side extension table.
        Score!
        (Just laid the top in for trial purposes)

Comment

Supertune your table saw in 4 parts, should work I think.

Click image for larger version  Name:	page 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	1254253

Click image for larger version  Name:	page 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	1254254

Click image for larger version  Name:	first half page 3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	1254255

Click image for larger version  Name:	second half page 3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	1254256
          Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 10-05-2019, 02:20 PM.
          Doug G and DavidR8 like this.

Have fun and take care
          Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Based on the date cast into the eggshell motor cover I think my saw was made in 1965. For certain the cover was made in Jan 5 or May 1 of 1965.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
              Working...
              X