Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidR8
    replied
    Based on the date cast into the eggshell motor cover I think my saw was made in 1965. For certain the cover was made in Jan 5 or May 1 of 1965.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Van Der Loo
    replied
    Supertune your table saw in 4 parts, should work I think.

Click image for larger version  Name:	page 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	1254253

Click image for larger version  Name:	page 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	1254254

Click image for larger version  Name:	first half page 3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	1254255

Click image for larger version  Name:	second half page 3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	1254256
    Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 10-05-2019, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Progress on the saw this far.
    1) I decided to ditch the Unifence. KMS had an Excalibur fence on for crazy cheap. I always preferred the Beismeyer style so this feels right to me.

2) Swapped the Excalibur light gauge rear angle rail for 2x2x1/8” angle.
    Drilled to match the table. Polished the top. Smooooooth! Fence glides like butter.

3) Bought new belts.

4) The other night I picked up a drafting table from a neighbour. The top is unmarked and measures 48”x 32”. Perfect size for the side extension table.
    Score!
    (Just laid the top in for trial purposes)

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Id be interested to know if there is a material difference between a set of unmatched belts and a set of matched belts.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Originally posted by WCraig View Post

AIUI, "matched belts" used to be necessary, some decades ago, but that manufacturing tolerances have improved so much that it is no longer an issue. At least, that is what a local bearing supply house told me when I bought belts. They said that if you insist on matched belts, you won't get anything different--except maybe the price!

Craig
    I also believe this to be true, at least as far as "wrapped" belts, but maybe a belt expert could confirm. I think that we can still buy "raw edge" belts in matched sets as they simply bind them in pairs/triples etc as they take them off the cutter. I have been told by belt sellers that wrapped belts are accurate enough that matching is not done on them anymore.
    Last edited by John Bartley; 09-30-2019, 09:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WCraig
    replied
    Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post
    Matched belts are cheap and yes they are necessary for complete power transfer. Go to a Motor or Fan supply shop and get them. The last time I got them they were around $15.
    AIUI, "matched belts" used to be necessary, some decades ago, but that manufacturing tolerances have improved so much that it is no longer an issue. At least, that is what a local bearing supply house told me when I bought belts. They said that if you insist on matched belts, you won't get anything different--except maybe the price!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    That is a good article and i'm willing to bet anyone who has purchased a used Unisaw and taken the table offf or can't find shims has a saw that is out of whack.

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug G View Post

email address failed
    Apologies.

Last edited by LaPedrera; 09-30-2019, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    Originally posted by LaPedrera View Post

Sure thing... c1191@gmx.com
    email address failed

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied

I have made a Word copy of it but I need your email address in order to send it to you.
    Sure thing... c1191@gmx.com

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bartley View Post

There isn't really any "staff" here, just us volunteer moderators. How the magazine that owns the website interacts with the VB software company is wayyyy beyond our pay grade ....

There was an "upgrade" recently as you know and it's taking a while for the bugs to be sorted out. Hopefully our members can dip into their reserves of patience for us?
    I have no idea if the members can do that. My patience does not wear well when the "staff" are not trying to resolve it as best they can.

I am not in any rush as no PM I can think of here would be URGENT, but more annoying seeing the red number keep increasing and silently mocking me..

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied

I'd like to have a hard copy if you can still transfer it - kind of hard to reference a computer screen when tuning a table saw.
    I have made a Word copy of it but I need your email address in order to send it to you.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied

Staff can't seem to get my PMs working on here(have given up and not counting on it getting fixed).
    There isn't really any "staff" here, just us volunteer moderators. How the magazine that owns the website interacts with the VB software company is wayyyy beyond our pay grade ....

There was an "upgrade" recently as you know and it's taking a while for the bugs to be sorted out. Hopefully our members can dip into their reserves of patience for us?

Leave a comment:

• LaPedrera
    replied

Looks like John's post makes this unecessary, thanks anyway.
    I'd like to have a hard copy if you can still transfer it - kind of hard to reference a computer screen when tuning a table saw.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X