Shelix for Delta DJ20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelix for Delta DJ20

HI there. looking to get some helical cutters for my DJ20 i just finally got aroudn the cleaning up...

Just 2 quick questions for those of you who've got Shelix cutters.

1 - Do you guys think there's a big difference between the byrd cutters and say these? or other generic branded ones?

https://www.canadianwoodworker.com/w...get=CWI-HC8-02

2 - where have you guys bought the byrd ones from? Only couple of sites i foudn were:

mywoodcutters.com
    oella saw and tool
    holbren

any canadian retailers?

thanks!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Shelix for Delta DJ20

I have a 20 in Byrd head in my planer and would not be without it. It is a made in China Delta planer. I use it almost daily and rotated the knives for the first time a couple of months ago and after approx 5 years of use. I got mine from Holbren and at the time he offered free shipping. His price was less than if I had gone directly to Byrd which I believe you can still do. That included taking away the free shipping.

i have a 24 inch EMA planer in my shop. It is an older Italian made machine with a 4 straight knife cutter head. It is a industrial quality machine , much more so than my Delta. I will eventually order a shelix head for it and am leaning towards a Taiwan shop but the head is made in Vietnam. A Byrd head for my EMA from Byrd is approx $5800 USD. It will be less than half that from Taiwan and the quality will be equal. I have had the opportunity to examine lots of Asian cutting tools at the annual machinery shows in the US.
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Working...
    X