What is this table saw extension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this table saw extension??

She's painted green on the edges so I'm certain its a General. It also came with my saw that I purchased used from a guy but he never mentioned what its for and I never asked quite frankly. I'm assuming its a router extension but I have no idea how a router would actually mount to this unless it's some older style to which I cannot find any information on. It has four T slots. the largest part of the hole is 3-15/16". There are two small holes front edge and back edge each and two near the edge to which this would bolt on. Anyone seen this style or possibly have this exact one?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: What is this table saw extension??

Click image for larger version

Name:	RF2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1258077 I haven't seen that exact one but mine is much the same and has 4 sliding clamps that go in the grooves to hold the router in position.

Comment

Same here as Wally. I have the GI router extension and it uses t-bolts and clamping bars to hold the router in place.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
        Same here as Wally. I have the GI router extension and it uses t-bolts and clamping bars to hold the router in place.
        wow thanks for the info guys. Where would someone find the accessories to work with this? my router is a Freud 1700vce which may be a tough one to use. But if I could make it work I could drill a couple holes in the table to accommodate the router screw lift.
        Last edited by freewheelin_76; 11-08-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freewheelin_76 View Post
          wow thanks for the info guys. Where would someone find the accessories to work with this? my router is a Freud 1700vce which may be a tough one to use. But if I could make it work I could drill a couple holes in the table to accommodate the router screw lift.
          My table router is a Porter Cable 690 kit with a fixed base and a plunge base. I used the fixed base under the table, marked the holes to match the router base in the cast table, then drilled and countersunk the cast table and bolted the base to the table permanently. The I use the plunge base for handheld routering.

Comment

My table router is a Porter Cable 690 kit with a fixed base and a plunge base. I used the fixed base under the table, marked the holes to match the router base in the cast table, then drilled and countersunk the cast table and bolted the base to the table permanently. The I use the plunge base for handheld routering.
            oh ok so you just drilled the hole pattern in the table and bolted from topside to the base. that may work in my case as well. I may have to find my own cover for the hole for this one. or make one.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I made most of mine from the original -- but it wouldn't matter as long as it fits right.

Comment

Originally posted by freewheelin_76 View Post

oh ok so you just drilled the hole pattern in the table and bolted from topside to the base. that may work in my case as well. I may have to find my own cover for the hole for this one. or make one.
                I'll see if I can find a photo for you. I can take one tomorrow if I don't have one.

If you look closely you'll see the countersunk heads of the screws just outside the dust ring.

Wally in Calgary likes this.

Comment

I'll see if I can find a photo for you. I can take one tomorrow if I don't have one.

If you look closely you'll see the countersunk heads of the screws just outside the dust ring.

yep. I used the plate out of my other router table to mark up the extension with the correct locations for holes. going to drill it tomorrow and see how it all end up working out.

Comment

Working...
                  X