DeWalt Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt Batteries

I need new Batteries for my DeWalt drills. I went online to the box stores and it seems DeWalt has changed their batteries to a new style so I will have to track down some of the older types and order online.
    The ones I need look like. Click image for larger version

Name:	shopping.png
Views:	187
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1258115 Does anyone know of a good trustworthy site to use?
    Thanks
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: DeWalt Batteries

Hi Jerome

You can buy 2 packs at store like TSC, CT, HH. CT has them on sale occasionally for $99

Pete
    Last edited by tex101; 11-09-2019, 10:56 AM.
    "I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend the rest of my life."
    George Burns

Comment

I spotted these adapters at Home Depot

18v-20v adapter

Click image for larger version

Name:	27287CEB-50D9-4148-86F7-79C7DAE21219.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1258124
      Last edited by darrin1200; 11-09-2019, 08:38 AM.
      Darrin

Timber Elegance
      My Etsy Store

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome View Post
        I need new Batteries for my DeWalt drills. I went online to the box stores and it seems DeWalt has changed their batteries to a new style so I will have to track down some of the older types and order online.
        The ones I need look like. Click image for larger version

Name:	shopping.png
Views:	187
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1258115 Does anyone know of a good trustworthy site to use?
        Thanks
        I think yours are the older NiCad style. They are getting harder to find. That adaptor to switch from NiCad to Lithium looks like the way to go.

Comment

I had several older Dewalt tools & the batteries were never giving me more than a couple of years use before becoming noticeably degraded. I would not waste money replacing with NiCad. Go with the new batteries & use adapters.

Comment

I also have a couple of dewalt Ni Cad drills but they are 14.4. Will the adapter work with them?

Comment

I found some at Canadian tire I really hate that store. I did not want the adaptor as I really don't like how lithium is fine until it just does not go on usually when you just got to the top of the ladder.
              Jerome
              Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
              Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

I found some at Canadian tire I really hate that store. I did not want the adaptor as I really don't like how lithium is fine until it just does not go on usually when you just got to the top of the ladder.
                Maybe you could use a longer ladder and not go to the top?
                Mike in Waubaushene, big tim and 2 others like this.

Comment

That adapter lists at $170. Unless you have more than one device that use the same batteries it looks cheaper to buy a new drill.

Comment

He does have a point about it being annoying when the Li batteries just totally quit without any obvious warning but that's the way things are going.
                    My last drill purchase was a Rigid Li drill and driver kit with 2 batteries and charger on sale at HD for a very good price. I bought it for the lifetime warranty which I did get signed up for. No doubt it is a bit of a PITA to jump through the hoops getting it done. I'm a hobbyist and I've been more than happy with the performance of the Ridgid tools.

billh

Comment

The new batteries have a 'gas gauge' on them so you don't have to get into that situation. I like how the lithium batteries will give almost full power right until they're out. They are better in every way than NiCad; energy density, weight, life span

Comment

Originally posted by al.m.. View Post
                        Maybe you could use a longer ladder and not go to the top?
                        HAHA! That's one way to fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Joed View Post
                          That adapter lists at $170. Unless you have more than one device that use the same batteries it looks cheaper to buy a new drill.
                          This is why I have 4 drills now.
                          Jerome
                          Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.

Comment

They can be rebuilt, the case comes apart and the individual cells can be replaced.
                            my local electronic store has the cells in stuck.
                            Thanks

Moe Fretz

Comment

are the cells a special size or just a normal size like a "C"
                              Jerome
                              Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.

Comment

Working...
                              X