DeWalt Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DeWalt Batteries

I have only ever seen ''c'' size, but I understand there are different power densities in them. I love old things and abhor waste but unless you have more specialized tools than a drill and hex driver I recommend switching to lithium technology. I got my first Milwaukee M18 at an auction and have since built a collection second hand. They are night and day beyond NMH and NiCad.
    Rob

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

They can be what is called "Sub C" which are smaller than regular C. One of the problems is that the cells are not in holders and the connections are made by spot-welded metal strips. You can get cells with tabs on them for soldering.
      billh

Comment

Originally posted by ehender2 View Post
        I also have a couple of dewalt Ni Cad drills but they are 14.4. Will the adapter work with them?
        No they just work with 18

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
          I have only ever seen ''c'' size, but I understand there are different power densities in them. I love old things and abhor waste but unless you have more specialized tools than a drill and hex driver I recommend switching to lithium technology. I got my first Milwaukee M18 at an auction and have since built a collection second hand. They are night and day beyond NMH and NiCad.
          Rob
          Its probably cheaper to buy a new kit.

When they came out with lithium ion batteries I sold all of my NiCad dewalt and bought milwaukke (but the new dewalt is fine too).

The li batteries are better, they last longer and are lighter (thinking of you up on a ladder ;)

I use the 12 volt for drilling & driving screws.
          I have 18 volt Sawzall and circular saw and big hammer drill.

Nathan

Comment

I have a Li also the batteries were for older drills. They have changed the old Li batteries also.
            Jerome
            Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
            CARPENTER noun. (car-pun-ter)
            ) A person who solves problems you can't.
            2) One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data, provided by those of questionable knowledge. see also: wizard, magician.

Comment

Jerome,

Have you looked on Amazon? Currently have the 20v to 18v adaptor for under $40.00 and there are a slew of off brand batteries and also new Dewalt. I picked up a couple of off brand and they seem to be decent for my needs. That said my daily drivers are Makita, and the knock offs for these are pretty good too.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
              Working...
              X