X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stilson
    replied
    Jerome,

Have you looked on Amazon? Currently have the 20v to 18v adaptor for under $40.00 and there are a slew of off brand batteries and also new Dewalt. I picked up a couple of off brand and they seem to be decent for my needs. That said my daily drivers are Makita, and the knock offs for these are pretty good too.

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    replied
    I have a Li also the batteries were for older drills. They have changed the old Li batteries also.

Leave a comment:

• nnieman
    replied
    Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
    I have only ever seen ''c'' size, but I understand there are different power densities in them. I love old things and abhor waste but unless you have more specialized tools than a drill and hex driver I recommend switching to lithium technology. I got my first Milwaukee M18 at an auction and have since built a collection second hand. They are night and day beyond NMH and NiCad.
    Rob
    Its probably cheaper to buy a new kit.

When they came out with lithium ion batteries I sold all of my NiCad dewalt and bought milwaukke (but the new dewalt is fine too).

The li batteries are better, they last longer and are lighter (thinking of you up on a ladder ;)

I use the 12 volt for drilling & driving screws.
    I have 18 volt Sawzall and circular saw and big hammer drill.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• nnieman
    replied
    Originally posted by ehender2 View Post
    I also have a couple of dewalt Ni Cad drills but they are 14.4. Will the adapter work with them?
    No they just work with 18

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• billh
    replied
    They can be what is called "Sub C" which are smaller than regular C. One of the problems is that the cells are not in holders and the connections are made by spot-welded metal strips. You can get cells with tabs on them for soldering.
    billh

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    I have only ever seen ''c'' size, but I understand there are different power densities in them. I love old things and abhor waste but unless you have more specialized tools than a drill and hex driver I recommend switching to lithium technology. I got my first Milwaukee M18 at an auction and have since built a collection second hand. They are night and day beyond NMH and NiCad.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    replied
    are the cells a special size or just a normal size like a "C"

Leave a comment:

• Mr Moe
    replied
    They can be rebuilt, the case comes apart and the individual cells can be replaced.
    my local electronic store has the cells in stuck.

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    replied
    Originally posted by Joed View Post
    That adapter lists at $170. Unless you have more than one device that use the same batteries it looks cheaper to buy a new drill.
    This is why I have 4 drills now.

Leave a comment:

• drzaius
    replied
    Originally posted by al.m.. View Post
    Maybe you could use a longer ladder and not go to the top?
    HAHA! That's one way to fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• drzaius
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerome View Post
    I found some at Canadian tire I really hate that store. I did not want the adaptor as I really don't like how lithium is fine until it just does not go on usually when you just got to the top of the ladder.
    The new batteries have a 'gas gauge' on them so you don't have to get into that situation. I like how the lithium batteries will give almost full power right until they're out. They are better in every way than NiCad; energy density, weight, life span

Leave a comment:

• billh
    replied
    He does have a point about it being annoying when the Li batteries just totally quit without any obvious warning but that's the way things are going.
    My last drill purchase was a Rigid Li drill and driver kit with 2 batteries and charger on sale at HD for a very good price. I bought it for the lifetime warranty which I did get signed up for. No doubt it is a bit of a PITA to jump through the hoops getting it done. I'm a hobbyist and I've been more than happy with the performance of the Ridgid tools.

billh

Leave a comment:

• Joed
    replied
    That adapter lists at $170. Unless you have more than one device that use the same batteries it looks cheaper to buy a new drill.

Leave a comment:

• al.m..
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerome View Post
    I found some at Canadian tire I really hate that store. I did not want the adaptor as I really don't like how lithium is fine until it just does not go on usually when you just got to the top of the ladder.
    Maybe you could use a longer ladder and not go to the top?

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X