General 350 riving knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General 350 riving knife

I recently purchased a General 350 saw. It does not have a riving knife but appears to have a mounting point behind the blade. Does anyone have a 350 with a Riving knife attached to the trunnions that would like to share a photo graph with me. Unfortunately I am away from shop for a few days and unable to pic what I have
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 11-13-2019, 03:05 PM.
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: General 350 riving knife

I have the same saw , dont even think it came with one but a conversion kit used to available.

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs....aspx?id=18328
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

The later 350’s came with a riving knife and an expensive conversion kit was available from General for a time. Would love to find a NOS conversion kit sitting in someone’s basement who did not know what they had.
      Erik

Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Brian, I have a complete, new guard from a 650 with splitter that you can have if you want.

I never installed it on my saw..............Rod.
        Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Is yours a General 350R with the newer Canadian flag on the cabinet? That model came with the built in riving knife, it's obvious by looking behind the blade that it has the release clamp that takes the splitter with the button that releases it.
          I got mine from a school auction (350R) and it was missing the knife. I ordered one from General and I think I got one of the last ones. It's a full kerf so I have to be careful what blades I buy from now on, no think kerf or off thicknesses.
          Anyway, I'm sure you can get one that might fit or you can make one from the right thickness of metal and grind it to shape.
          If you want me to take a picture of mine or trace it let me know.
          Why do people keep calling me Rob?

Comment

Thanks for the comments and offers. I am away from home and didn’t take a pic. I just bought this saw before I left. On the rear trunion behind the blade is s machined vertical flat spot with a threaded hole that is approx a 3/8 size. The machined surface is approx 1in. X 1 1/2 in. I never made any measurements but it appears to be directly in line with the blade. I am not sure of the age but does not have a flag and has an Ashmans sales label and they haven’t been around for approx 10 years .

Bob... if you could send me a pic of yours it would be appreciated. Send to muircreekwood@gmail.com

thanks again

Brian
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Here’s my General 350R
              Why do people keep calling me Rob?

Comment

Working...
              X