Vintage delta 14" bandsaw vs clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage delta 14" bandsaw vs clones

I drilled a hole in the guidebar of an 18'' chainsaw and pivoted it like a chopsaw at waist height, worked great

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Going with the lowest price,picking up a twenty five year old King tomorrow,unless it's a total basket case.
      Last edited by al.m..; 11-22-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I brought the king home ,the good,very good causmeticly, missing the belt guard,usual rust in the table,sharpn1/4" blade,runs smoother than I expected.price was right at $125
        the bad,lower guide busted,usual rust on table.

Comment

Originally posted by al.m.. View Post
          I brought the king home ,the good,very good causmeticly, missing the belt guard,usual rust in the table,sharpn1/4" blade,runs smoother than I expected.price was right at $125
          the bad,lower guide busted,usual rust on table.
          A working saw for that price is a good deal. It leaves lots of dollars on the table to fix it up.

Comment

I picked up an older busybee 14" for $75. Worked great.
            Steve The Drill Sergeant
            Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. Do you have all the parts for the busted lower guide? It may be repairable using JB Weld depending on how it broke, you can also check R&D Bandsaws or online parts web sites for a replacement or upgrade to an aftermarket brand like Carter (but that will cost you more than you paid for the saw). Belt guard should be easy to fabricate from 1/4" plywood.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
                Sounds like a good deal. Do you have all the parts for the busted lower guide? It may be repairable using JB Weld depending on how it broke, you can also check R&D Bandsaws or online parts web sites for a replacement or upgrade to an aftermarket brand like Carter (but that will cost you more than you paid for the saw). Belt guard should be easy to fabricate from 1/4" plywood.
                dont have the missing parts,I do agree about facing a belt guard,easy enough.
                as a footnote,just got a return message on a vintage delta I inquired about,he accepted my offer!
                ug!
                still wonder if the delta is much better? Does it have as much white metal as the king?
                im sure I could recoup my costs on the king easy enough

Comment

I would grab the Vintage Delta, fix up the King (and Delta if it needs it) use them both for a while then sell the one you like least. There's a chance you could come out ahead financially unlikely you would lose much provided you aren't in a hurry to sell. This assume you have the space and time to make the repairs and don't put too much money into the one you sell.

Comment

Al, I have a B.I.L looking for a cheap bandsaw. Let me know if you end up with a spare.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X