Table saw switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw switch.

Looking for some advice. I purchased a table saw switch on Amazon. I mistakingly ordered a 220 switch instead of a 110. Woodstock D4159 220-Volt Paddle Switch

is there any reason that this switch will not work on a 110V saw?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Table saw switch.

no difference as long as the switch has a high enough current rating

the 240 switch will have terminals and contacts for both black and white leads, the 120 switch MAY only have terminals and contacts for one power lead(black)
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

You MUST check the voltage of the coil. then see if the overload can accommodate x2 the voltage assuming its an adjustable type.

Sorry I assumed it was a Magnetic Starter you were putting on the saw. please disregard.
      Last edited by Mark in Burlington; 11-24-2019, 10:20 PM.
      sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

If it's the same kind of paddle switch that I have then it will work fine for 120v.

Judging by the product number it appears to be very similar to the ones I have.

Comment

it looks like just a simple switch with no overload protection.

very simple wiring, you can run the neutral through the switch as well but it's not necessary
          my shop is a beaver lodge
          steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Doesn't say so in the specs but one of the reviews indicates it is a mag switch, don't know if that means it has overload protection? All to often the Amazon specs/descriptions are far from useful. They tell you what size the box it comes in and whether it includes batteries etc. but leaves out important details like whether is a mag switch or not. I think it is the result of using the same template to describe everything from an ant farm to a zipper. Rant over, now back to our regular discussion.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

https://d27ewrs9ow50op.cloudfront.ne...ls/d4159_m.pdf

Comment

Did I mention how unreliable the reviews are on Amazon in my rant? Two of the first three reviews indicate it is or acts like a magnetic switch.

Comment

Originally posted by David kalaski View Post
                  Looking for some advice. I purchased a table saw switch on Amazon. I mistakingly ordered a 220 switch instead of a 110. Woodstock D4159 220-Volt Paddle Switch

is there any reason that this switch will not work on a 110V saw?
                  Hi David, yes there is. The switch you purchased does not have a motor rating at 120 volts. It's impossible to know what the motor rating is at 120 volts without information from the manufacturer.

The D4151 is 2HP at 120V, 3HP at 240V.

I suggest you return it and purchase the D4151.............Regards, Rod.
                  Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Working...
                  X