Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warped cast iron top Time for a new saw??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warped cast iron top Time for a new saw??

I have found a deficiency in a Delta contractor table saw that I have. The left side of the table seems to be out .2 of a degree. On the right of the blade looks good. I always rip on the rightside, use my miter on the right. except for a crosscut jig that i use on the left, is this a big deal do you think? I cant imagine that unless you unleash your wallet, most lower end (under $2K) cabinet/hybrid/contractor table saws probably not perfect.

That leads me to a second question, does any one own a Stallion CWI-T1002 which is sold by Canadian Woodworker in Winnipeg, I am looking to replace my table saw but my budget is around $1800. Any other saw recommendations? We dont seem to have a great selection in Manitoba
    Appreciate your opinion Click image for larger version

Name:	delta table.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1259747
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Warped cast iron top Time for a new saw??

That's just nasty. I don't see any way of fixing that other than replacing the table. How old, and is it still under warranty? This just reinforces my opinion of later Delta machinery.

I've had a quick look at the Stallion saws at CWW, but have not used any. They look to be generic asian machines. The fit & finish did seem to be a cut above the stuff that Busy Bee carries though.

Comment

I spoke with the manager today. I bought it in Sept so I simply can take it back for a full refund. All Lowe purchases have a 90 days satisfaction guarantee. Problem is what do i get. I just cant justify $3K and wanted to keep the price under $2 K. Winnipeg is limited to sawstop, king, and Stallion. I was researching King and I read although they are decent they have a "cheapness" to the build. Sawstop starts around $2600 which leaves only a Stallion for $1700. I had buying something only because thats the only choice.

Comment

What about these table saws, worth looking into IMO, even if you have to change a motor.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/w...3410?undefined

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/p...7157?undefined

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/w...7503?undefined
        schor likes this.

Have fun and take care
        Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kor View Post
          I spoke with the manager today. I bought it in Sept so I simply can take it back for a full refund. All Lowe purchases have a 90 days satisfaction guarantee. Problem is what do i get. I just cant justify $3K and wanted to keep the price under $2 K. Winnipeg is limited to sawstop, king, and Stallion. I was researching King and I read although they are decent they have a "cheapness" to the build. Sawstop starts around $2600 which leaves only a Stallion for $1700. I had buying something only because thats the only choice.
          King Industrial stuff is as good as any other Asian brand out there. Especially table saws.
          Cheers
          Randy

Comment

Look for a good used saw. You usually end up with something better at a lower price than new.
            WCraig likes this.
            Steve The Drill Sergeant
            Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Thanks for your info and opinions. I was considering buy used and fix up but time is of the essence in a way. Working on Christmas gifts! I have read horror stories of Delta and quality and service and leaves me to wonder how much trouble it would be to get parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kor View Post
                I have found a deficiency in a Delta contractor table saw that I have. The left side of the table seems to be out .2 of a degree. On the right of the blade looks good. I always rip on the rightside, use my miter on the right. except for a crosscut jig that i use on the left, is this a big deal do you think? I cant imagine that unless you unleash your wallet, most lower end (under $2K) cabinet/hybrid/contractor table saws probably not perfect.

That leads me to a second question, does any one own a Stallion CWI-T1002 which is sold by Canadian Woodworker in Winnipeg, I am looking to replace my table saw but my budget is around $1800. Any other saw recommendations? We dont seem to have a great selection in Manitoba
                Appreciate your opinion Click image for larger version

Name:	delta table.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1259747
                Hi, what is the dimension of the gap under the ruler? Use a set of feeler gauges to check it. It may be within specification.

Regards, Rod.
                Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Working...
                X